Jango Girth Belt,,,Help!

jangojohn

New Hunter
is anybody making or know where i could get one?

this is the last of the belts i need to get but can't seem to find one anywhere.
the only option i have left is to make one,so any advice about where the best place to buy bolo leather would be a great help to me.

thanks.

Yeah, I used 6mm and about 21 rows of it for the belt... it came out to be 5" in height.

Also, remember to get some leather cement to hold the bolo on... and basically the way I did it was put the cement down, wait about a minute or two then put the strip of bolo down and hold it there for another couple of minutes... then do the same with the next ect... The big thing is to make sure the cement 'tacks' before putting the bolo down, or it will slip and slide everywhere.

thanks for the advice TLobe00.

well i have the bolo ordered and found cruzer's post on his girth belt progress, so it' looks like i'm all set to make my own...gulp!!.

rather than use leather for the inside of the belt i'm trying to keep the cost down by using leatherette(vynil) hopefully it will work..

i'll keep you all informed how it's coming along once i start..

I would recommend leather, just because it is much more durable... what size is your waist (around your navel) I might have some black leather I could send to you.

Also, as for taking this task on, it seems hard, but really it wasn't too bad at all. Hindsight I was worried for nothing, lol.

Tony

Putting leather braids on a vinyl backing would be like putting a $10K paint job on a $2K car.:facepalm Don't do it!:D

I would recommend leather, just because it is much more durable... what size is your waist (around your navel) I might have some black leather I could send to you.

Also, as for taking this task on, it seems hard, but really it wasn't too bad at all. Hindsight I was worried for nothing, lol.

Tony
i'm a 34" around the waist,if you have some spare leather i will gladly take it off your hands.let me know and i'll p.m. you my address and let me know how much postage will be and i'll cover the cost..i'm in the u.k.!!.

thanks cruzer for the advice aswell,thought it might work on keeping down the cost,but as iv'e so far spent the childrens inheritance on jango already i may aswell go the whole hog on the girth belt....and use leather!

thanks for the advice guy's you've been invaluble..

just one more question!! there seems to be conflicting views of the width size some say 5 1/2" or 7"..which is right?

The movie height was 5" I believe... but for an 'accurate' look on someone taller it may be more.

Temera was 5'6"-5'7" so a 5" girth on him might look funny on someone say 6'1"... I think someone (maybe Cruzer) had a thread about the height differences adjusted to the wearers physical height.

Also, I'll see what my extra leather stash look like :) I made mine around the same size, so I think I have ehough for another one that size.

Tony

Good luck with this John, hope to see some pics.

We gonna see a thread on your Jango stuff?

I waiting from Cruzer on my parts, then I should be on the way to making my girth belt.

PM Sent - jangojohn

thanks for the P.M. phil.

i'm waiting to get all my jango costume first ..then i will post a progress thread from the start till the finish..still sourcing stuff although cruzer is starting his armour run soon..

finances are the hardest part iv'e just been told i need a new water pump on the car £500 plus...so ive decided to buy a new car and flog this one...just waiting for the guy to get back to me from the garage

so jango might take a backseat for a couple of months till i get sorted..as the business is still a bit slow though it is looking promising...

ive got to much to worry about!!....ohh my head hurts,, now just thinking about it

quick get some beers!!!.........lol

mmmm, beers!!

Yeah it seems like all of us Jango's starting out now have come in at the wrong time... All the posts have something to do with finances! :( hopefully the economy of the world will pull itself out of the toilet soon.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back