Custom Mando :D (Pic Heavy)

Cool, glad to hear progress is being made.
I forgot that my sister in law can sew pretty good, so I asked her if she would sew the INDUSTRIAL Velcro onto my vests, she said why not, so I hope to have my armor on my vests soon.

You got any pics of the purple yet? I really wanna see it.

I plan on working on my gauntlets soon.

Purple...? I posted some pics of the armor from my phone, but I can take some nice ones with a real camera.

silver gauntlets with ur armor would have to look awesome, I think a purple overlay would look pretty good too.

I just painted them silver as the base. I'm going to paint them purple after masking. They will look kinda dorky but I wanna finnish them. I'm stubborn like that. :p

Any chance I could get ya to bounce me a copy of the pattern you used for your vest? Otherwise I'm gonna have to lay out my duty rig and try to copy it :S .

It depends on who the vest is for. Cos I am pretty small. ;) (I did NOT call you fat, I promise!) But yeah, no problem. Will pics do or do you need templates in a...PDF? is that what it is?

PICS!!!! (And a shebs load off them)

DSCN8140.jpg

DSCN8141.jpg

DSCN8142.jpg

I'm thinking about make shoulder bell holders but for the shins cos they REFUSE to stay shaped...grrr. So I'll hold them in place be shear force. (This is where the spray painting fabrics comes in--see next set of pics)
DSCN8143.jpg
DSCN8144.jpg
DSCN8145.jpg

This is an experiment I had with spray painting the red material. It worked well.
DSCN8146.jpg
DSCN8147.jpg
Down below are the gauntlets no duh.
DSCN8159.jpg

These are my patterns. Yes, that's Mickey Mouse. :D
DSCN8149.jpg

Oh, and the second gaunt I hot glued together instead of taped. And once I get more glue then I'll go back and do it to the other one.
DSCN8164.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
not bad... not bad at all... yeah I was needing something to use for basic shape, looks like you're making a lot of progress. Kandosii Ord'ika!

That looks sweet!! Gauntlets look really nice, the silver paint adds to them. Idk about color but sont use the same color on your kama as you do gauntlets because you want the gauntlets to stick out, just because those gauntlets deserve to stick out!:D Keep it up!

Thanks vode! I appreciate it. The sewing started a couple of days ago and its almost done. I've been having my buir'ika(Mama) helping me out, so not much longer before pictures of all that!

That looks sweet!! Gauntlets look really nice, the silver paint adds to them. Idk about color but sont use the same color on your kama as you do gauntlets because you want the gauntlets to stick out, just because those gauntlets deserve to stick out!:D Keep it up!

If I did paint em they'd be purple. My kama is black so if I did paint em they'd still stand out a bit.

I honestly don't know... purple...silver... I think either way would look good.

AH! Oh my goodness guys! I'm SO sorry! I'm now on vacation in another state. But I did finnish the vest and started my new bucket. I also took pictures but never uploaded them (meaning I was too lazy to do it before I left). But I'll be back to the house in early August! And I think I have the camera with the pictures with me so I might post those.

Thanks for the complients and your patience! :D

tis okey senorita, i know how you feel. iv been doin the exact same thing for over a month now... except im not on vacation in another state, infact im not on vacation at all... im just lazy...:D

btw. great work youve done here, love it!

Early August?!? that is a LONG time!!! oh well...(subscribes to thread and sits down to wait)

:lol: have a nice vacation ord'ika!

Commin out sweet, custom mandos,,,,,the possibilities art endless and usually awesome,,,,

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back