Custom Mando :D (Pic Heavy)

As a girl myself, color scheme was the first thing I decided on for mine, lol.

My initial color choices I ended up not liking when I used that Mando Color thing (which I'd link but says file not found now). I like the idea of blue, black, and white, it would have an almost maritime look which is cool. You may very well change like I did, but whatever colors you decide on will be great I'm sure. :) Looking forward to seeing it done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Updaaaaate! :D I shaped the armor:

ShapedBeskargam.jpg

I kinda just stuck it into the boiling water for a few seconds and then cooled it immediately with, gee, what do ya know, COLD water. Worked pretty well. The shapes not perfect but close enough for me. :)

Hey, I'm going into to town tomorrow and I'll be trying to find some bondo and paint primer and paints(maybe). Any good stores you guys prefer? Primer brands? Good bondo? Any advice will be great, thanks!

a little late, but welcome aboard Caroline, nice to see that this aint a mens only club, I'm still tryin to get the wifey to let me make her a set of beskar'gam, maybe after she see's me and our 3 boys marchin at her ;)

remember custom is custom, do what YOU want and if you make a nice chest plate, try to make a pull and sell it. I've been in contact with Rotton and he's almost ready to sell his 'b' size and 'c/d' size.

Haha, you guys HAVE to get a group shot once your all geared up. :D

remember custom is custom, do what YOU want and if you make a nice chest plate, try to make a pull and sell it. I've been in contact with Rotton and he's almost ready to sell his 'b' size and 'c/d' size.

Yeah, I may do that if this armor doesn't work out. But I'm stubborn and will force that trash can into submission! Muahahaha! ... :rolleyes

Thank you for the welcome. :)

Edit: I should probably tell you what I bought since I'm back from town (obviously). Okay, I got some velcroe(industrial strength) and primer. I'll post pic's later when I'm finished priming the armor.

this hasnt been mentioned in this thread (or i may have missed it...ive just finished a shift in work so im like death on legs)

boiling is not only the easiest way...but also the safest

when i first started working plastic armour i was using a mix of heat gun and blow torch...i was almost hospitalised...i got a serious chest infection and they havnt been right since....it would have been more serious but my lungs are used to punishment (smoker...guilty)

if heating in oven id suggest openoing all windows and doors and wearing a mask

if heating with blow torch or heat gun id suggest doing it outdoors away from doors or windows and wear a mask just to be safe

and i will also mention that with sintra (i know ur going trash can...but just in case i thought id let you know) when it is boilt it gives of chemicals into the water....whateve you are using to boil em in (pot, pan etc..) will have residues of this left over after draining....DO NOT USE IT FOR ANYTHING BUT ARMOUR AFTERWARDS as these chemicals are quite nasty

oh...and your armour looks sweet lol

good job...cant wait to see em completed

who noticed i use ... too much LOL

Your armor looks to be coming along nicely! Setra has given you some good tips as far as heating up plastic armor. We just had one of our Mercs mandos do a vid tutorial on using a torch to bend trash can armor easily, so you can always go that route as long as you stay safe.

Feel free to check out our board on Mercs dedicated to female mando armor. There are some GREAT work in progress threads that will give you some good ideas on how to overcome some common issues you may run into with female armor. I only build them out of metal, so unfortunately I don't have much to add that will help with plastic armor.

Mandalorian Mercs Female Armor discussion board.

make sure to post lots of pics on how you get the shape right, I got another pair of cans I can 'force into submission!' too :D

then maybe the wife will submit too;):lol:

Don't worry, I'm pic-happy! :D

Progress! Yay!!!!!!!!

I reshaped/shaped more (of) the armor. IM SOOOOOO HAPPY WITH IT!!! :D :D :D *composes slef* Ahem...Yes, here ya go:
DSCN7121.jpg

Hair dryer. Thats right. :p
DSCN7122.jpg

DSCN7123.jpg

Belly and bells shaped :D
DSCN7124.jpg

Chest
DSCN7125.jpg

DSCN7126.jpg

Everything
DSCN7127.jpg

DSCN7128.jpg

DSCN7129.jpg

Glamor shots :p

lemme say it again...I'M SOOOO HAPPPY!!!!!!

Yup. I did use a hair dryer. :D Worked PERFECTLY! :D :D :D

So, the primer is coming off if I scratch it accidentally. Not so good...but the armor still looks nice, I must say. :D

I'm pic happy too, that's quite alright, it helps us be there along side you as you progress through our world. (just being wierd) Did you see my new paint job on my 2nd kit yet?

I must say girl, your curves are kickin' ;) I mean the beskar'gam. :D

You used a hair dryer? wow

Thats good to know that worked, thanks for sharing! I'm about to start on my GF armor so that'll come in handy! Keep up the good work!

I must say girl, your curves are kickin' ;) I mean the beskar'gam. :D

LOL! :lol:lol::lol:

Anyways, A'den, the hair dryer worked fairly quickly actually. It's just the cooling and hold the armor in the proper position that took a while. I should know, my hands are sore.

So, I was rummaging through some basement stuff looking for vest material and I came across tablecloth. You know, that leather-like stuff on the front and fleecey stuff on the back? It's seems stiff enough to make a vest but will probably be very hot(LoL, the temperature!). And its red :cry If only it was black or dark blue! I could always change to color scheme but I like blue too much. Perhaps I will find something in a store.

I also found a bunch of straps for like bags or whatever, some with hook, some buckles. I'm pretty sure they'll come in handy.

And finally, I found some loose black fabric that was actually rather stretchy. Maybe it'll make a nice kama or little cape if layered. I'll post picks of all my finds later.

Sure! I'd be happy to show you some ideas...

1st one is my sorta blue idea. I have another one I can scan/take a pic of and put it up later. 2nd is a purple variation. I like purple :D . I'll come up with a red one and a more sinister blue one later but I should go to bed. ;)

Beskar'gamVar1.JPEG

Beskar'gamVar2.JPEG

I say go for the purple, Mine is black silver and purple with copper accents, my wifey (when I get started) will be Purple black and silver with ? accents.

I cut the chest plates and belly plates for the 5 year old twins, one is purple/green color change (like the old mustang in 94) and the other is silver/green color change.

I'll post them on my thread when there is some sun light to show the color change.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back