Custom Mando :D (Pic Heavy)

VERY nice work! I sat down and read thru the entire thread today, because I will be building THREE sets of female armor out of trashcans in the near future. Ok, near enough that I bought two trashcans *today* as a start. Fortunately, two of the females are quite small - 9 and 4 - so I won't need as much trashcan material *&* won't need to dish the breastplates. Excellent thread and very gorgeous work.

Oh, and we don't start our homeschooling back up until Sept. I think I'll put armor-making on the cirriculum this year and have the two older kids work on their own armor and have the verd'ika (that right? littlest one?) "help" with hers.
Totally!!! My mom was kind enough to put costuming as an elective, so I get credit for having fun!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Around here, the terms would be interchangeable. :D If anyone goes to the range, even the youngest HAS TO GO!!! Even tho she doesn't shoot yet. YET.

Amen! lol, same here... i can't go to the range without my 4 yr old wanting to tag along. It's very important to teach kids the value of safety at an early age, it prevents stupid accidents like the ones we see increasingly happening with adults who were never exposed to good safety training. I was never a boy scout, but I know that they, as well as 4-H, most "Sherriff's camps" and many state LE sponsored summer camps such as Trooper Island Camp in Kentucky do offer such opportunities for kids... I know because I worked at both a 4-H and Trooper Island Camp once upon a time as one of the riflery instructors. Kudos to you ner vod for teaching your kids the important things in life, and not focusing them in on videogames and TV!

Kal Waco

Hey, guys, sorry Ive been away for so long! School and soccer are crazy. I'm playing for a school team and a club team at the same time. Homework, practices, and games take up most of my time. I barely squeezed this message in, LoL. But I'll get that backplate attached eventually! I'll keep you posted on any progress I make best I can.

Glad to see your still alive!!! :p isnt the life of a soccer player great? I miss doing what you are describing...:D Now I only play in a few pick-up games everynow and then. It is so hard to find a good team when you are here in AZ and everyone plays mexico style soccer, and you are playing European style...:facepalm

I'll convert you all to West Brom supporters yet, who needs your Man United and Chelseas? Just because they win things all the time? Nah? You want a local British club for local people like, er, those in the US, and not hunt the glory! West Brom is just that... [/soapbox moment]

What is this "Soccer" you speak of? I know of 'football'..
I never understood why us Yanks call Football Soccer? I mean , you use your feet for Soccer and your hands for Football?!?!
Edit, if you want me to take that last pic down I will, just lemme know ;)

Oh question, which of these look more painful :lol:

OUCH.jpg

american-football.jpg

I'll convert you all to West Brom supporters yet, who needs your Man United and Chelseas? Just because they win things all the time? Nah? You want a local British club for local people like, er, those in the US, and not hunt the glory! West Brom is just that... [/soapbox moment]

Chelsea FTW!!! (y)(y)(y)

I wish I could watch West Brom games...we get almost no good British football on TV out here...:facepalm

School's happening...still. I just barely got this post in because of a two hour delay. My backplate remains untouched as well as just about everything else, but I'm close to a nice break so I can get some work done--this weekend hopefully. I will get SOMETHING done on Saturday! Be ready to break out those whips just in case... ;)

Doc and Kal'ika: That's right start'em young! The sooner you show them how to handle a gun right the sooner the novelty (and thus the atraction to get it when you're not around) wears off and the respect sets in. The 4H club here used to offer shooting sports, but doesn't anymore because they didn't want to be seen "putting guns in the hand of children." What a load of ****.

a'men saber! it's important to teach them to respect and not fear or mistreat firearms.

*dances* I got work done!!! Backplate is on!
DSCN8448.jpg

I jumped into sewing right after a soccer game which is why I'm wearing my uniform still.

And to make you all really happy I put everything I could on so you could see it:
DSCN8453.jpg

DSCN8455.jpg

DSCN8458.jpg

DSCN8459.jpg

DSCN8464.jpg

DSCN8465.jpg

The gaunts and helmet aren't anywhere near done, obviously. I threw the sword in there for fun, btw. And I'm repositioning the bells so they weren't on me for the pics. But enjoy the little update! :D

hey it's lookin' good Ord'ika... I like the color combos a lot and ur making a lot more progress than many of the rest of us lately...lol

Looks great Ord'ika!!! Glad to see this updated!!! (y)

Those gaunts look really cool...you have any close-ups of them?

:cheers
A'den

Thanks guys! A'den, yeah, somewhere is the thread but I can take more pics. They haven't changed much from their cardboard state, though.

I don't know. I should, but I think the human race knows more about the center of the Milky Way than I do about glassing.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back