Custom Mando :D (Pic Heavy)

he he... it's really not that hard... altho the gaunts can be quite the challenge to glass, I had trouble with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Something Dem and I do is cut a slot in the bottom (inside) of the gauntlet, then fill it with resin and slush that around the inside; as it soaks into the cardboard it will began to become a solid mass with the cardboard acting like the fibre in a normal glassing job.

Then we usually do a brush-on coat on the outside (or maybe two...) then sand it a bit...makes really strong gaunts, if a little brittle (resin without glass tends to do that...)

:cheers
A'den

A'den has the right idea, I love plain resin on cardboard, it becomes SOLID :) I mean you can bonk someone on the head and OUCH :(

By the way NICE PROGRESS.

hehe hey whats up. havent been here for so long!:O up until yesterday we have been two man short at work so iv been working for two the past months:p

i try to stay away from sewing as much as possible..:p

Creon! Yo, ad'ika. Aw, it's not that bad! Well, I had my mom with me the whole time in case I really screwed something up. :rolleyes But still...

Okay, so I'm going shopping on Friday and I need to know what brands and blah to buy...and what to buy! Not clothes, :p but like bondo-glass and that stuff. What do I need to glass my gaunts and helmet? Help me make a shopping list guys! :lol:

If you are going the Bondo Glass route you will need:

Bondo glass
Sanding paper grit of about 400
Sanding paper of about grit 800 - 1000
Wet and dry paper of about grit 1500 up
A dust mask

If you are going the fiberglass resin way you will need:

A fiberglass kit
Several cheap paint brushes (Dollar stores will do these best)
Sanding paper grit of about 400
Sanding paper of about grit 800 - 1000
Wet and dry paper of about grit 1500 up
A dust mask
Rubber gloves to protect your hands.

Oh how I remember Jr High... I was in Colorado, it was beautiful.
Indoor school, so cool, then I moved to Cali for 9-11, and to Hawaii to graduate and do some college, wow am I that OLD?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back