Custom Mando :D (Pic Heavy)

We just had one of our Mercs mandos do a vid tutorial on using a torch to bend trash can armor easily, so you can always go that route as long as you stay safe.

Yep, that was me. Shaping armor is always the most dangerous part because you are dealing with hot plastic no matter which method you go with and it definitely doesn't mix well with bare skin.:eek::cry:lol: So, caution is always advised. (y) But, you can use a blowtorch like I did. It's a good idea to try it out on scrap, the same way you tested the boiling water method.

This is a great start by the way. I like the purple colors!

David.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that was me. Shaping armor is always the most dangerous part because you are dealing with hot plastic no matter which method you go with and it definitely doesn't mix well with bare skin.:eek::cry:lol: So, caution is always advised. (y) But, you can use a blowtorch like I did. It's a good idea to try it out on scrap, the same way you tested the boiling water method.

This is a great start by the way. I like the purple colors!

David.

HOT LIQUID PLASTIC BLOBS hurt :wacko I know, I got a good burn a few days ago when using a dremmel cutting out my kids trash can armor.

Ouch, painful stories! Luckly I didn't get burned by the water. My trusty cow oven mit saved my hands and arms :) though I was cooking quesadillas the other nite and little droplets of oil kept hitting my arms and kinda hurt. I burnt two and under cooked two and then the last one was pefect (the queasadillas not my arms ;) ). LoL I can't cook anything but mac and cheese and beskar'gam.

The secret to a good Quesadilla is to butter (YES BUTTER NOT MARGERINE) one side, toss it on the hot pan, drop the heat, put on the cheese, and wait for it to melt, then fold, flip and eat mmmmm...

Married to a Mexican, boy am I fat ;) .... She feeds me well

You see, this is the problem living on an island next to France... If I married south of the Solent all I would get is cheap pops about how France was better than England :(

France BETTER than England? Well, at least they dont over cook their food, or so I've heard. I read it in some book by some lady about some boy with a scar on his head :lol:

LoL you guys...bump, perhaps? Maybe I should do some work on my beskar'gam...Hehehe

OKAY! I did something at least:
BeskargamPurpleVar.jpg

The suit was...interesting. But I like the white cod and belly combined. The cape, however I think looked coolest white. :)

I'd like any input :D It really does help to get some non-CAN views.

I like the white and purple, though I would strongly suggest picking a third colour and sticking to it though.

Unless of course you want a cobbled together sort of look :)

Yay, purple! It would look nice with some blue too, like combining your original blue and white with the purple.

yup, white purple and black look good together, and the grey cape jumpsuit look good in your drawing, I say go for it... it's gonna be an ever changing beast until you "finish it" and start on a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth...............................:wacko

The next drawing I post will be pretty much final.

Yay! I can go shopping Saterday for cloth and trash cans and spray paint and velcroe. Update then... Maybe sooner. :)

I hope to have a new job by tomorrow night, got an interview tomorrow, so I can start my soft parts too, I hope to see your finished work soon, so we can compair our hard work.

I really like your drawing, how are you gonna do the bucket?

How'd the interview go?

Bucket: I'm still liking the white slash in it. I'll make yet another drawing, LoL. I'll also put up my finalish look.

interview seemed ok, she said she'll call tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Lets see some more drawings, especially that 'finalish' look ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back