DP bucket?

gunnerk19

Active Hunter
Was Don Post one of the original BF helmet makers? reason I ask is I was just over at bobafett.com, and there's a sale posted for a 1996 DP fiberglass #34 bucket for $1000 - $1100...

I know in past years DP has a less than stellar rep for accuracy (I have a 80's something DV mask) , but come one, one large? It had better be screen used and signed by JB to grab my interest...

ah that would be the DP deluxe if I am not wrong. originally retailed for $800.
it was meant to have been cast off an original helmet, prepro2 I think - think its supposedly pretty accurate shape wise

more experienced Fett heads will, I am sure chime in, in due course

Nate

Last edited by a moderator:
The helmet is really only different in that it is fiberglass rather than plastic, it has a full visor, metal ears/rangefinder (me thinks), and it was limited, so each one has a plate on the inside with a number, hence the price.

however, the paint job is not very accurate, color and weathering wise. I think the paint job is sorta based on the esb and rotj, so that tells you the accuracey...lol.

the Master Replicas is 10,000% more accurate, but not quite as good as you're gonna get from some of the painters on here.

They say that it was a limited edition helmet

The ears are made of metal

The price is a bit high for I have seen them for sale on E-Bay and sell for less than $200.00

I have a friend who got one for $185.00 E-Bay

Check around for a good deal but a $1000.00 is a bit high

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back