ESB GIRTH BELT (finally)

FettDad

Active Hunter
well, i have had this girth belt now for like 3-4 months, and have been dragging my ssa and procrastinating in getting it colored :facepalm...well, not sure who's thread it was, but saw that they spray painted it with some brown krylon paint, and thought "hey, that is what i am going to do with mine" (y)... so, here it is, i still have a little touching up to do on the insides of the rope pieces, but i think its coming along nicely :)....there has been discussion of how "brown" or "red" the ESB girth belt is, so, i used mostly Ruddy Brown Krylon color with a Heritage Red Rustoleum color mixed in...i think it may be a tad to red, but i still like it (y)...let me know what you guys think...

100_2435.JPG

100_2436.JPG

thanks guys! so you dont think its too "red"?

Not that I'm some ESB expert since I only RECENTLY converted to ESB (no comments Damian ;) )

But if I remember correctly, I think it was decided that the ESB screen caps and reference were washed out, and that the ROTJ and the ESB were actually the same color instead of the ESB being more brown as originally thought? How far off base am I ? :confused Do I need to crawl back under my rock :cry

I think it looks great man ! "I" was never able to get one dyed right. I finally gave up and spray painted my last one :lol:

FP

Not that I'm some ESB expert since I only RECENTLY converted to ESB (no comments Damian ;) )

But if I remember correctly, I think it was decided that the ESB screen caps and reference were washed out, and that the ROTJ and the ESB were actually the same color instead of the ESB being more brown as originally thought? How far off base am I ? :confused Do I need to crawl back under my rock :cry

I think it looks great man ! "I" was never able to get one dyed right. I finally gave up and spray painted my last one :lol:

FP

brother, you are looking at a spray painted one as well...and really, i think it worked out great!! seems to be ALOT easier than dyeing...literally...when, dieing...i mean...dyeing...:facepalm :lol:

Oops. I didn't read that, I was looking at the purdy pitures :p (spelling intended )

:lol:

Well, I still think it turned out great in spite of that ! ;) It actually makes me feel a little better to boot (y)

FP

I think the color is spot on! Great job. I have been putting off painting mine as well. I did like the thread by "whistle8mp". He used a water based latex stain, and it also seemed fairly easy. I am still in the air, but your method looks good.

just bought a girth belt from horselover's.com, i think that is the right address...then just combined the 2 paints, rubbed it in, and there ya go!

If it is indeed the same color due to the screen caps being washed out then yeah, I'd stick with what you have. If not I'd go a bit more brownish red but if you're happy with it then who cares! I do think it looks good though.

For me personally, I like that the girths are different shades in each version. I think the more brownish red goes a bit better with the green armor of the ESB Fett...It's all preference.

Good job D!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back