Clonetrooper Experts - help me out!

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
I am trying to determine what legion/division/battalion whatever, this trooper is from. He has similar marking as Commander Cody but not the same and definitely not the same color. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

clone_trooper.jpg

Turo did the 41st Elite. This one came off the net I think. LFL did tons of variations that we never saw but they have come up as toys or in other areas... just can't seem to peg this one.

hmmm strange variant indeed. not one i've seen before.

markings are similiar to 7th Sky Corp, but u are right Art - its colour is too washed out. Also the 'traingle shape' on the cap of the lid is missing.

also, 1 other small thing. Armour looks like typical trooper rather than cmdr armour, but lookin at the shins, the pattern is more of a commanders (troops had unit colours going up the shins)

not a clone that immediately is recognisable to me mate - soz

oh yeah - the trooper himself and pose is a well used shot of a phase II clone trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with the other replies.
I have been working on/with Clonetroopers for years and I have never seen this before.
It must be some sort of new variant that someone (LFL, Hasbro or whoever) has come up with.
Darren

I also am a huge fan of clones and have been admin at clonetroopers.net for a while. I've never seen this variation and I personally believe it to be a fanmade photoshop job or something done by/for hasbro.

I'd have to agree with RS and the guys. That has to be a custom! A nice one, but fan made or a varient not used in the movie or toys.

I've never seen this variant before! All I can think of is that this is probably a brainstorming idea from the ILM artists to see different ideas of how the 212th Attack Battalion should look. Apparently they decided that Cody should have this armor paint scheme exclusively. Nice find though Art and Seeker.

hey seeker - both those 3 shots and poses are well know clonetrooper shots.

I am sure they exist, as someone has gone and done a nice colour to em. question is, has the scheme been assigned to a particular battalion/division etc?

where are the piccies from btw? maybe clue to origin of this clone from the piccies origin?

Nate

clone_trooper_II.jpg

this is most telling - as u can see the battle scars match up pretty well to this new clone trooper
clonetrooper.jpg

191921-7024-clone-trooper_large.jpg

hey we have custom mandos - why not custom Clone Troopers - it was a big war, we could make up desginations and go wild with the variants!

why should Hasbro have all the fun?

Nate

LOL I think LFL took those same models, with the same poses, and even the same weathering and just applied different designs to them. I have seen tons of them in the poses we are familiar with, with designs from LFL, but that didn't make it into the movie.

I am beginning to think, like the red Commander Bly, this is an early variant of the 212th, and was eventually modded and made into Cody.

Heatshock - the images that I posted are REAL ILM images. They were taken from Zazzle.com. Zazzle.com has rights to print posters, mugs, t-shirts etc. So those are real images, not photoshoped images. ILM used the same poses many times for each different color clone.

I've never seen reference to that one in anything other than these links right now. I'd bet on a marketing mock-up... they wanted something aesthetically that wasn't out there, so they played color that clone. But I'm a relative noob to Clones and mostly interested in the new CW style ones.

It's a nice looking one though. I'm surprised not to have seen them out in cloneland.

soz mis-spoke then
I am sure I didnt say they were photoshopped. wot I meant to say is that there really was someone doing the colour scheme, but not in the movie per se.

might be worth emailing zazzle and ask em wot they were told it was? I'd be interested!

I take it zazzle.co.uk is same corporation? done :D

just lookin through site, yeesh 36 pages of clone trooper - majority are recognised clone variants

Nate

*argh! Art - I blame you, I have now even gone over to see if any lego starwars modders have done this mod and know who he is!!!! wot color is it anyways? yellow? orange??... must find out...*

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back