Greetings, comrades!

Hey everyone! My name is Gabriel. I'm a 22-year old guy writing from the great Pacific North West from a smallish town just south of Seattle, Washington, and I'm totally pumped to build a Fett cosume. I know this project is no small undertaking, but I'm fully dedicated to making a kick a** costume, regardless of the time or money it's going to take to accomplish such a feat. My quest: to complete a sort of hybrid Fett outfit.

I'm not looking to make a screen-accurate piece, but whatever I feel is the most aesthetically pleasing outfit I can muster. I think I'd basically like to make a ROTJ Fett with an ESB helmet and cape. I like the weathering and details on the ESB helmet a lot more than the ROTJ version. I also have this idea to create what I think Boba Fett's armor would be like in real life. For example: I feel like there was probably some sort of plush rancor leather padding protecting his gourd when he acquired that dent of his. I'd like to incorporate those sorts of details into my costume. I guess I could summarize what I'd like to acheive by saying that I'd like to re-create what I would see if I were lucky (or unlucky) enough to encounter Boba Fett in real life, or wear his armor. It might sound sort of weird, but I'm excited for it :D

As a very basic starting point, a lot of people seem to recommend reading the "How much will I spend" thread, but I couldn't access it when I tried. While I'm not sure what that's about, but I figured another good place to start would be to assemble all of my tools before I start creating. I figure I'll need a good airbrush (airbrushing instead of rattle-canning it) and an assortment of paintbrushes. I have no experience airbrushing, and don't know a whole ton about paintbrushes. Any equipment advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

One more detail that I'll share with whoever is reading this (since a forum is more or less anonymous) is that I'm attempting to complete this project in secrecy. I figure a good debut/deadline would be Halloween 2010. I think that's more than enough time to hone my skills enough to piece a decent costume together, and I can't wait to see the looks on my friends' faces when the galaxie's most feared bounty hunter unexpectedly joins their celebration.

In closing, I look forward to at least sharing my progress with all of you, making some new friends, and building my ultimate Fett. I'm a friendly guy, so feel free to PM me any time, or if you live in the Puget Sound area and would like to get a drink some time, I'm always down!

MTFBWY and thank you for existing!

Gabe

if you went with the ESB helmet then you would have a Special Edition Fett. But by adding the ESB cape as well would be a major no-no...lol was there other items you wanted to change up as well??

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back