I NEED HELP FOR AN EVENT!!!! PLZ!!

Codika

Hunter
OK so about two months ago my counceler comes to me and tells me that the school is going to be doing a Star Wars Day on may 4th (may the 4th be with you) neways today i was thinking of requesting an appearance from the Mercs i went to ask for more info , cant just say hey can you come here on this day and all, so i go and ask "what are we doing for SW day?" only to be told,its my show and that im supposed to be planning this whole thing. its still going to be a school day but EVERYTHING is to run around star wars. i need some help here, i have no ideas and yes i know i have time but this is going to take some planning,so does any one have any ideas?

anyone?......:confused

I would look to your local 501st garrison and put in a request as well. You have untill May which should be plenty of time. You can also go to the 501st website and put in an appearance request.

We (my garrison)have trouble getting voulnteers when we get requests that are only two weeks away or so. If we get plenty plenty of notice and if the event gets the publicity it deserves, we love to have an excuse to get dressed up and show off our costumes.(y)

Cod'ika, where is this going to be? I'm sure I can get some of us from Talon Clan together, and I have no problems asking Carolina Garrison (some of them are Mercs to) if they wouldn't mind hitting up the event also.

We have a "Request an Invasion" link on the Mercs site, so feel free to use it. You can also PM me the details here or on Mercs (since you are a forum member) or on the Talon Clan board on the Mercs forums. Either way, it shouldn't be a problem getting something set up for you.

ok so the classes that we provide here at fuller performance learning center (its a school funded by Gates, its business but its also a 2nd chance school i guess,idk) but we have your basic math ,english and history as well as science
so maybe i can throw a presentation on the history of star wars,although that may be a bit borin to some or maybe the history of_______ and go from there

and maybe i can go into the working so hyper drives and lightsabers in science as well as blster and landspeeder tech

but for english and math im a lil lost

this is a small school i think we only have like 78 students total,so idk but i remember a powerful jedi master who once said size matters not

not quit sure how that relates but yeah ill post more as i get more in my bucket holder(head lol)

lol its a possibility tho we are a computer based school so ill have to find a way to route that in..hmm maybe if i reporgram the comps to speak like yoda..... lol

Well, here are some ideas.

For history class, you can talk about how Star Wars was adapted from several early historic stories. There was a special about this on the History Channel, I'm sure googling will reveal a link.

For science you can talk about how Star Wars tech has influenced modern day tech that we use. There was also a History Channel special on this called Star Wars Tech or something like that.

For english, you can introduce some of the Star Wars languages. Mando'a, Huttese, Ubese and the others that have some documentation.

Math...now thats gonna be the hard one. How many Jedi does it take to change a lightbulb?

haha Novall theres a reason we follow you,brilliant!!! ill get those links,im bout to go home in a sec but thats perfect!!!! and btw i have green light for the Merc sand 501st to come to school for SW day so let me know if there any info needed on that thanks vod

Sweet! I knew someone would come through on this one. I personally hate math, so I ignore it and hope it goes away. Unfortunately it doesn't and I have to use it. =(

I have a math suggestion, but it blends with science too.

Talk about astronavigaion, or plotting a course through space. You would have to deal with 3 dimensional coordinates, vast distances and constantly moving planets. I wouldn't worry about how hyperspace travel works, just the basic idea of getting from point A to point B.

You don't even need to work out the math, just present it to show how important math is so that you don't accidentally pass through a star, bounce too close to a supernova....

Oops, I just saw the previous topic, I must have skipped over it...

gah boomer!!!! i just read that thread bout the kessel run,my head hurts now.lol
neways im just puting a small update here cuz i have some ideas

i was watching an interview with GL and he was saying how SW was like romeo and juliet and some other historic english text so i may have the english class watch episode 4 and see what different stories they can pick out from it.

for sciense im like Novall's idea with the history channel special and maybe some ways that SW is furthering our tech

history,im thinking of maybe doing a what if kinda thing,i think i saw a thread of this a while ago,"what if star wars really happened a long time ago"
and maybe teaching the history of jedi/sith and mando culture

im going to have ppl draw up some posters and see if i can get the year book staff for photography

Well, nothing interests people more than blood and gore so for history you could show classic saber battles and compare the fighting styles to samurai or medieval combat. Also, nothing like pointing out the faulty tactics of the Stormtroopers when assaulting a small force on your own Death Star or Bespin city. Military Tactics and fighting styles in history class day? :cheers

oooo theres an idea lmao
could also do a cover of the arena battle and the evolution -er...de-evolution of the troopers
lets face it,they got dumb lmao

just a quick idea. take some standard regular written questions.

"If 23 jawas see a broken down droid on top of a cliff and decide to to climb on top of each other to get to the top, can they do it? The standard jawa is 32 inches tall and the cliff is exactly 67 feet tall."

Make a bunch of work sheetes, of varying difficulty and pictures. Use diagrams and charts and pics alot. So its still school work, but the kids will have to use problem solving skills to figure out the answers.

just a thought. I kinda think the "Star Wars Tech" idea is a great idea.

A lot of good ideas actually. ;)

gotta love TDH :p

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back