Django's Custom Mando.--Update November 1st, 2010

that battle damage done with a soldering iron?

i ask cause that how it looked when i weathered my very first plastic kit and it looked identicle!!!

its a great effect...but it doesnt work on my new kit (metal plates LOL)

good job man! looks great...nice thight plates to start!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really digging the hammered gold spray paint, looks like it's got more dimension to it. *thumbs up*

A'den Kyramud, DoctorDorkson: thank you for the compliments! :cheers

Setra: yep, my damage was done with a soldering iron and then a lil silver touch up paint.

Ijaat Ka'rta: I WAS gonna go with the digicam idea, but im stickin to the hammered gold. digicam is probably gonna be for another day. I seem to be typecast in one of 3 standard roles "detective, serial killer, or cowboy". lol. i always end up in cop dramas, horror films, or in westerns. not bad, since they're my fave genres. I gotta freeze my butt off tomorrow night, playing a serial killer on location outside in 27 degree weather. :( And i just paraphrased Dirty Harry with a Fett-esque spin for my signature!

Ok, UPDATE!! I FINALLY got around to working on my suit again. :) I've been so broke lately, I haven't been able to work on it much. However, I finally got to sew up the flack vest and attach the fasteners I wanted. The bandolier got started, but still needs a lot of work. As soon as I make a bit of extra cash next week, I'm plannin on goin to hobby lobby and goin on mini splurge! I need some tools, a heat gun (especially a heat gun), and also a few cans of bondo and ABS plastic. Does anyone happen to know if I can get that at Lowes? I really need some 3 or 4mm plastic to make the gauntlets.

Anyhoo,.. here are some pics!

picsrandom048.jpg

I decided to go with 3 parachute buckles up my right side. I might paint them hammered gold to make them blend with my armor.

picsrandom058.jpg

so, what makes me look more like a tuffguy? the flack jacket? black jumpsuit? or is it my girlfriend's flair for interior decoration that leads her to put a birdhouse in the bathroom?? I dont get it. :confused

anyway,.. hope you all didnt think I had abandoned TDH!

hey, everybody. just wanted to drop in and give an update. got parts of my armor done,.. just have to apply the final touches to most of it. the gauntlets look to be the most difficult part of my build.

also, my sgt fang helmet came in today. i've been waiting about 3 weeks. sarge had some computer problems, but it was worth the wait. i've already trimmed some excess resin and part of the visor area clear.

and i taped in my gold visor to give it a test. i like how it looks.

visortest.jpg

and thanks to the mando mercs for the mandomaker software. used it to make a slightly smoother design for my armor.

helmetscheme.jpg

armorscheme.jpg

thats pretty close, with a few changes.

hope everybody is doing well. peace!

Looking good vod!!! One thing I might suggest...on the mandomaker program, I think you have the bicep plates on your thighs...:D

:cheers
A'den

That is looking really awesome ner vod! I like your color scheme, custom shoulders, and that vest is quite unique. Love it.

-Naas

Ooo, I really did like the green before even though it wasn't you intention, but the goldish bronze color is nice. :D bucket looks great!

Looking good. Are you thinking about adding more designs to plates, like red striping or sigils? It could add some extra flair and customization to it, not that it needs it. Can't wait to see more pictures.

i actually have already begun putting some red striping to the plates. just a bit more flair. i am also thinkin about adding some native americaninspired style artwork on a few of them.

will hopefully have helmet, vest, and legs done within a week.

cut out the rest of the helmet and did the base paint job. its far from perfect, but not bad for my first job. this helmet is about 1/3 done.

picsrandom001.jpg

I like the western style crisscross holsters and the bandolier, very similar to what I'm using on my mando... I actually am reusing my old cowboy style holsters for mine.

Well,.. Halloween 2010 has come and gone. I decided to get in gear and try to have my mando party worthy in time. Its been sitting in storage for the most part of the year. Didn't get the gauntlets, hoslters, or accessories I wanted completed,.. and I had some interference from an outside party, but all in all, I'm happy with how it came out. Maybe I'll redo some stuff later if an event for the suit arises.

Heres some pics.
halloweddingmando1.png

73975_449943233174_250818618174_5458954_4296966_n.jpg

mandovscap1.png

mandoduke1.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back