Need info on correct girth belt straps

99centTaco

Active Hunter
Hey guys, I remember doing this for a member here but can't remember who it was. Anyhow, I've gotten numerous requests for simple leather straps to connect to the back of the girth belts. I am going to have my sidekick make a prototype but want to get as much info on it as possible, such as the total length, width, how many holes there should be, how far are they spaced from each other, etc. Any info would help. And if your also interested in them just reply here no pms please, I'm tiring to keep all pms belt related right now. Thanks!

How about this pic i got from TK409's site.
Please tell me if i'm allowed to post this or not.
I don't think that this is a original version, but it's close i think.
With this pic, you could use the original girth belt measurements as a comparison to the straps.

girth.jpg

I am interested bro! I don't have any info to add, but please put me on the list. If it's made out of leather, then Taco is the man! I will probably take two sets.

I would have to say that the 'correct' straps on the back of the girth are a black Nylon Webbing and not leather.

ESB the strap is sewn on the left, on the inner most bar

ROTJ the strap is sewn on the right, on the outer most bar

The length would vary from person to person, but it should about 4" inbetween each buckle and a little extra to hang down.

Sash Back 03.jpg

Sash Back Vers2 05.JPG

hmmm...well, Taco, if they are made out of 1 inch strap material, i think i will drop out...lord knows i have enough 1 inch strap material...;)

Why couldn't they be leather! I think it would look much better than webbing, IMO. I will still take a set Taco, maybe for my custom Mando, or maybe I will use them on my ESB anyway. I was going for accuracy, but the webbing looks like a hurried afterthought. Anyone know how important this is for getting a costume to pass standards?

Why couldn't they be leather! I think it would look much better than webbing, IMO. I will still take a set Taco, maybe for my custom Mando, or maybe I will use them on my ESB anyway. I was going for accuracy, but the webbing looks like a hurried afterthought. Anyone know how important this is for getting a costume to pass standards?

You can use whatever your mind desires, I use leather on mine but some people like screen accurate results.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back