Newbie - Need Help on painting helmet

hi guys

the Games Workshop spray paint i used was goblin green and is about £6 per can.

thanks again for the coments

cheers

neil
uk-scout

:eek:

I'm with JMP, that green looks bang on. I am so going to the Local GW at lunch!

Oh how good does it feel to have a UK fett find an accurate colour. Good recon, UK Scout. :D

I hadn't even thought about going to GW. I've been lurking in all the other model shops around here for weeks, they all look at me like I'm some kind of freak!

Apollo 50 - yeah it's a real drag when you guys in the US come up with some great find that everyone can buy everywhere for $0.99 and you either can't get it over here or it costs 100's of $/£. Makes it really fun when you do find something, though.

Si

Last edited by a moderator:
That new green you got looks very ESB-ish. Nice find with the limited paint sources you seem to have in the UK. :)

You might have a tough time seeing anything out of that helm w/ the squint so small, but that is a really neat paint job bro!!! I dont know what it is, but that really looks cool. (Its not movie accurate,) but I love it!! Good job!

hi all

ype the T area is poor, ive remulded the helmet serveral time to get it fixed into the correct postion by after a few weeks it goes back to the orignal position gggggggrrrrrrrr.....

But i have now decided to make a type of brace to hold the sides in to prevent it from going back to the orignal shape.

heres a pic on the bracing at the bottom of the helmet to stop it from moving
Bfexist01.jpg

Im using other Game Workshop paints to added detail and the yelow stripes, they only cost £1.50 each and they also have inks.

Youll find that they have a limeted no. of sprays, and the green you want is GOBLIN GREEN

also ill keep you updated on the jet pack and gauntlet templates.

cheers

neil
uk-scout

Thanks for the update Neil.

I've just been to Games Workshop. Goblin Green is a discontinued colour in the spray cans according to the guy I spoke to. It's not been made for a couple of years now and my local store has none and can't get anymore. :( how many cans did your branch have left?

A friend of my wife is going to the states in a few weeks (early May, I think) who has said she can get a few cans of paint if I'd like her to.

Any UK Fetts want to order some? I can't guarantee how many cans she'll be able to bring back (if any) but I wondered about making a list. Post/PM me with your interest.

From what I can gather, the colours would be:

ESB (As per MB's website)

Rustoleum spruce green
Rustoleum charcoal green or Hunter green
Krylon Ruddy brown primer

ROTJ (As per Lynn's gorgeous helmet pictures on TDH)

Krylon satin sage #3512
Rustoleum American accents hunt club Green #7944
Color place red primer
Rustoleum Painters touch hunter green #1938

These are just the base colours, obviously, and don't include all the weathering colours Lynn mentioned.

As I say, I'm not guaranteeing anything, and it's a way off yet, but let me know what you think. If there's any interest, I'll speak to her about it.

Sorry about the hijack Neil! Got a bit OT there.

Back to Neil's helmet guys and gals. Yay Neil! :cheers (y)

Si

hi Han

I saw about 4 cans left at Games Workshop and i have to get another on Sat do you want me pick you a couple?

cheers

neil
uk-scout

Maybe. What size are the cans and how many cans do you use on one bucket? Up here they were £4 for one of the smaller cans and £5 for the larger ones.

Plus, are you going on Sunday (thinking if you get some for me I could pick 'em up and pay for 'em then)?

Before I get you to get them, I need to consult the piggy bank, but I'm def. interested!

Thanks

Si

On second thoughts, if you're going on Sunday, can you bring your bucket? That way I could get a good idea of the colours etc. before commiting to buy them.

Plus you'll be easy to recognise. There won't be too many Biker Scouts wandering round with a Boba Helmet under their arm. ;)

Si

hi all

Just met Geremy Bullock at a Star Wars charity event in Honiton England where i got my helemt signed.

Geremy also tried it on also and commented on the colour scheme, "brillant colours and I like it when fans bring along there own customised items for me to see"

Ive got some pics of Geremy with my helmet on and ill post them monday

**IMPORTANT NEWS**

Geremy mentioned that hes doing a charity event this year in the USA dressed as Boba himself.
He mentioned to me and my girlfriend he has just got the permisson of Lucas to make a full scale set of armour to wear on the day at South Carolina USA

Si

didnt bump inot at the event sorry chap :( i was there from 12-2

cheers

neil
uk-scout

:facepalm

I must have just missed you. I ducked out for lunch at just gone 12, but I was back for the quiz @ 1:15. I was sat at the front of the seating area so you prob walked right past me to speak to Jeremy. Sorry to have missed you.

You going to Mem in April. I Might be going, but birth of second child is due very soon then so it's touch and go.

Got a bit OT there. Sorry guys :)

Si

Thanks from Jayson and Phill on UKRPB

who both gave me extra the great painting tips which ive used as you can see on the below pic.
boba.jpg

Going to darken the red down and sort out the flase problem by using a some bent aluminium glued and screwed into place this week.

thanks again guys for your tips and help

neil
uk-scout
starwars20.ico

www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukscout-webbanner.jpg

Neil,

Great looking weathering there matey. What colours/method are you using for that? (makes a change asking that question knowing that I can get the paints mentioned in the answer (unless it's goblin green in a can! :facepalm)).

Are they the methods that the guys at UKRPB mentioned?

Si

Hi Si

If you need a couple of cans of goblin green let me know and ill pick you a can up also i have 3/4 of a can if you need it.

If you need the silver just goto halfords and get some car spray.

this is what i used
starwars20.ico
-grey undercoat -Plastickote from B&Q
starwars20.ico
-matt black
starwars20.ico
-silver
starwars20.ico
-dark matt green
starwars20.ico
-goblin green

also used some Citadale/ Games workshop paints

let me know if you need a hand

cheers

neil
uk-scout
starwars20.ico

www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukscout-webbanner.jpg

Fett-UK, pictures working fine this end. (13 March @ 9:00am GMT)

UK-Scout. cost is a factor at the mo (baby due pretty soon, so spare cash is non existent), but in case I can sell a kidney, or convince my wife that I need to buy a load of paint (selling the kidney'd be easier I think :lol:) how many tins of Goblin green did you use?

Having said that, I think I'm gonna go RotJ, so I might be looking for a darker green anyhow. Not sure yet. Might go SE and have the best of both worlds. ;)

Plus, where'd you get the dark green, and what is it?

Cheers mate.

Si

hi guys

Just to let you know ive got the flare problem sorted.
All i did was cut the metal reinforcement that was already in the helmet and its cured the flare problem.

heres the pic of it so far
boba.jpg

Ive ordered my new lense and lights for the helmet and ill post the finished pics next week when i get them from my friend in the USA.

Just goto glue the metal mesh in the back and pad it out inside and and add the logos on the side of the helmet and its finish:D

Q. How do i stick the new lense in:facepalm

Si PM me and ill send you the info on the dark green, again we missed each other as i passed you at mem when you where on your phone, but we must arrange to meet each other at MEM in JULY

neil
uk-scout
starwars20.ico

http://www.uk-scout.co.uk]www.uk-scout.co.uk
ukbikerscout@hotmail.com
ukscout.gif

ukscout-webbanner.jpg

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back