Exploring ESB & ROTJ Chest Light Display

3 post in a row. Yeah me. :)

Well after watching the carbonite freezing chamber scene about a million times I am now seeing 8 different segments with one of the 8 being a totally off segment. I specifically watched from 1:37:44 to 1:37:46 going almost frame by frame. There are 6 segments in that time frame. The other 2 segments I am seeing are right before this time in the movie but still in the freezing chamber. I am going to work on this more and post up my diagrams. Any other eyeballs out there would be appreciated.

I noticed that in the Tantive scenes you can't make out hardly anything. However in the hallway outside the torture chamber on Bespin the display never changes. I went frame by frame and never saw it change. I don't know if there was different armor between shots that had different displays in them or if the armor was the same but the display could be static or moving depending on how you turned it on.

Another thought is that the promotional shots reveal something else. Like I said I noticed one shot that had two upper lights on. Now this could be different displays or maybe it was a long exposure time that caught two different portions of the display sequence. I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad this came up and good job on all the attention to detail. This is one project I need to start on as I still do not have chest lights for my armor. Perhaps a "Standard" accepted sequence can be decided upon and Fettronics can offer an preset display sequence that most closely matches the film(s).

Ted

My boards can display any sequence and can be reprogrammed to display a different sequence (via a PIC programmer), so they can handle any of these sequences. The biggest hurdle is the 501st accepting the new sequences as screen accurate. Others have said they had to go with the 'original' sequence because of that. I haven't contacted the group to see about getting that changed, so I'm not sure about their stance on that.
Food for thought if you want to be 501st certified.

Jon
Fettronics.com

I finally got the light bars in! Sorry it took so long. They took the long boat from china :)

Anyways, go here to see the light bar in action -> YouTube - Fettronics New Sequence Test

I think it's a great idea. These will be version 2.1.3. I will start selling them once I get some $$$ to order the new PCBs. It should be soon. I'll keep you all posted!

Jon
Fettronics.com

Wow! That looks great. I really like the light bar. Thanks for your skill and dedication on this. I am still researching the sequence. I can't wait to see the next version.

$60 + shipping, the same price I sell my other versions for. The prototype is built on the V2.1.2 boards, so it functions the same, it just uses the LED bars instead of the individual LEDs across the top.

PM me if interested. I can program any sequence into it.

Jon

I'm dropping the price of the prototype down to $50 + shipping to get up the funds to get the new version going. I'll be posting this to the cargo hold.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back