Aurora (Helmet)***Update 3***

"Guys it's a long story on the colors. I basically traded some color info for some stuff kind of a barter thing. And if I disclosed it I would violate an agreement I made and I want to honor my word with this person. However we are collaborating on the helmets now and we will work something out so that everyone is taken care of. Please be patient and ask all of the questions you want and I'll try to help. Thanks again for all of your kind words and thanks for understanding."

I thought this pretty much summed it up. I really don't understand why this has been such a rucass. He did say in a later post that they colors will be revealed. Personally, if it were me and this was my reception on TDH I would take my toys and go home, so to speak. Of course I guess the honorable thing to do would be to break his word with someone and tell the colors, just to please the masses. Or even better never share it with anyone, ever. Personally, I'd rather wait and know that when I get the colors they will be the right ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey, guys. I think I'm real close to figuring out the REAL color to the helmet. I'm still testing, so don't want to get too many hopes up. As soon as I can do so without looking stupid, I'll post pics. I'd really like to think that this is another step closer to fulfilling this board's goal in acheiving the best Fett possible." ...Done.

...And I never have had a problem with waiting.

Dean O wrote:

I thought this pretty much summed it up. I really don't understand why this has been such a rucass. He did say in a later post that they colors will be revealed. Personally, if it were me and this was my reception on TDH I would take my toys and go home, so to speak. Of course I guess the honorable thing to do would be to break his word with someone and tell the colors, just to please the masses. Or even better never share it with anyone, ever. Personally, I'd rather wait and know that when I get the colors they will be the right ones.

Actually, if you read past, with the exception of Slave's, um, enthusiastic comments :lol:, no one has really asked for him to reveal the colours. I'm with MMM, a man's only as good as his word. He made a promise, he should keep it. I can only speak for myself, the comment I made afterwards was more to find out how something that's in plain sight can be a secret, not a plea to find out the colours. My apologies if it was taken as anything more.

I still hold with what I think is true from everyone that's talked to me about it . . . the presentation and the attitude in the original posts really rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. A lot of which has been edited out now as well, it's worth noting. Nothing against Lee, I've never talked to him, but I'm sure he's a great guy. He's on TDH, so, he's gotta be cool! ;) I'll chalk it up to words on the internet being misformed, and misinterpreted. Lord knows it's happened to me more times than I can shake a stick at. :)

No one wants him to pick up his toys and go home. TDH is a better place because of EVERYONE's contributions here.

I think the only point people were trying to make earlier regarding the waiting now is . . how long? If he's going to be telling in two weeks, people will wait. If it's going to be two years . . they might as well go another route. I think that's the only reason that that keeps coming up.

Just my 1.31 cents (CDN Dollar Conversion) :)

Well put Ego I wholeheartedly concur. (is that a word?) :)

Thank you, and, yes it is! :) (they don't call me Captain Dictionary for nothing) :)

Appolo_50 wrote:

Well put Ego I wholeheartedly concur. (is that a word?) :)

C17LM : Your helmet looks excellent! I'm sure it will turn out as good as Fettpride and Motorfish's buckets. The scratches and battle damages allready looks great!

I checked mine and compared them next to eachother:

colors.jpg

The green is pretty darn close i think (YAY!):)
Mine is a custom mix and i did them by studying shots with not too much flash in it. Actually I find the darker green(on the back) the hardest to do. Mine is really off at the moment along with the red which is not really right, but when i get my Movie sized helmet i'll try my best at setting things straight.

Keep us updated!

-Mikael

Say, I just looked at the chin strap again...is that a Rebel pilot's helmet chin cup? I could be mistaken, but isn't that a little raised rounded rectangle towards the top center? Yay or nay, it still looks cool :)

Oh, and Mikael, your helmet looks GREAT too! :)

Wow really nice helmet!! very good job on the paint and weathering top notch I must say I hope I can get both of these to look that good I'm miles away right now.

The chincup was from one my Starship Troopers helmets I have a few laying around and they look cool. Just a hard to find item. I'm trying to find one to match original.

Lee

C17LM wrote:

Wow really nice helmet!! very good job on the paint and weathering top notch I must say I hope I can get both of these to look that good I'm miles away right now.

The chincup was from one my Starship Troopers helmets I have a few laying around and they look cool. Just a hard to find item. I'm trying to find one to match original.

Lee

The original had a chin strap?? wow i guess ya learn something every day. :) i had no clue

One helmet did I believe see page 133 of chronicles. jsut thought it was cool and it helps control head movement.

I've studied your pics closer and i was just wondering what technique you used for the scratches. Sponge? Brush?
Anyway looks great! Cant wait to see it finished..

-Mikael

I used brush the sponge has a great effect but it's too hard to control when trying to make accurate scratches.

Lee

Once I get these two done I'll post the colors it shouldn't be too much longer folks and I appologize for the delay I hate waiting myself.

C17LM wrote:

I used brush the sponge has a great effect but it's too hard to control when trying to make accurate scratches.

Lee

Once I get these two done I'll post the colors it shouldn't be too much longer folks and I appologize for the delay I hate waiting myself.

hey no problem take ur time.... we all understand now :)

I'll take a picture and have braks host it for me I'll have it up tomorrow right after work (damn real world I hate it).

Lee

Can't wait! So far it looks incredibly accurate! I know two Britts who's not going to be able to leave there houses any more before they update there home protection systems! You are truly going to be the envy of all Fett fans! I just wished I could afford to come over and see them in person.

Steve.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back