Aurora (Helmet)***Update 3***

CKing. We could all read that last message. Better check the encryption program you guys are using. Wouldn't want anything like paint colors falling into the wrong hands(I hear those Trekkies would kill for this intel). We all remember the Crayola fiasco of '87. Burnt Sienna just hasn't been the same.
:lol: :lol: :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OH MY GOD! :eek:

That is the best helmet I have ever seen, even without the additions.

Guys,
Lee is not going to share the colors at this time. There is a lot of time and money invested in getting these just right and I know that Lee wants to show the fully finished helmet before he is prepared to share the colors. I understand why this is - it's so that someone doesn't beat him to it by posting photos of a helmet with truly authentic colors!
Please be patient and don't bombard him with emails about the colors! :)

Chris.

Guys it's a long story on the colors. I basically traded some color info for some stuff kind of a barter thing. And if I disclosed it I would violate an agreement I made and I want to honor my word with this person. However we are collaborating on the helmets now and we will work something out so that everyone is taken care of. Please be patient and ask all of the questions you want and I'll try to help. Thanks again for all of your kind words and thanks for understanding.

Lee

Chris King. Thanks for hanging in there you know I'm not a big delay guy but I appreciate your understanding and patience and I hope you like it when you get it.

Very very nice indeed. I say keep those paints a secret so we can see all these guys squirm a little longer and maybe they'll decide to go instead ;)

Nice job on the colors and superb painting. Hope you give up the secret to that also, it looks great. Cant paint for another 4 months anyway so Ill be watching.

Don't let the red color in the mandibles deceive you it's not that red it's the camera causing that it seems to exagerate hues and tones..but i'm learning how to use it..I'm actually reading the book.

Very precise weathering - must've taken many hours just to gather your reference images. It exactly matches the shapes and scars or the original prop.

It's probably just me, but your red looks a little more saturated and lighter than the original.

Your base green looks like a very good match - I hope you can spill the beans on that one.

I used Model Master's "rust" acrylic on a Marmit Fett I repainted and that looked pretty close to the original.

Steve

The red is not even red at all that is the funny part. It's kind of hard to explain but I used the exact color that was used on the original. Also there is a lot of weathering and sanding to be done this is still in an infantile stage. Thanks again for the positive feedback folks and I appreciate all of the comments too they help me improve it so keep it coming.

It just gets better and better! What do you mean the red is not even red. Why must you speak in riddles man. This Uncle Joe you speak of maybe that is how your helmet is so perfect Joe Johnston is your uncle. There it is I have figured it out.
TK-Fett Detective Extrordinair.

Would somebody PLEASE shoot me in the freaking head, PLEASE! I don't think even lil Orphan Annie could figure out what is going on here. BTW, Dick Cheney called, he wants the secret formula back. Something about National Security or something. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

*shoots MMM in the head* you weren't supposed to tell him you work for Dick Cheney now how are we gonna get the secret formula back to Headquarters in time for Monday's review???????? why do you go and screw things up like this I'm gonna go down and pick up 300 different types of red thats actually brown and see what I can get

C17LM I was just wondering since you want to keep your paint secret would you be willing to paint helmets for a fee?

Yes I will be painting helmets. I just need to get these two off the bench and I have three others in the wings. After I get this one done and you like it make your choice then and let me know I talked to Brak's about pricing and we'll see what we can come up with that is economical but of equal high quality. I doubt I could ever charge for the time spent on these so I have to think of something else so everyone that wants a paint job can get one at reasonable price.

Just out of curiosity . . you said it was store bought paint right? So . . what's the secret?

It's not like they're missile launch codes . . . hell, it's not even the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices.

It's paint!

:p

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back