metal plates...

mando wannabe

New Hunter
Su Cuy Gar, Vode! While I haven't posted anything recently due to schooling, I've been a member here for a couple years and have some experience working with sheet metal. I was wondering if anyone out there was interested in aluminum armor plates (chest, breastplate, belly, maybe shoulder bells). The material would be .050" thick aircraft grade aluminum (5056 h32 if you'd like to look up the specs). It's very lightweight, and easily primed and painted.

As of yet, I haven't secured a supply of material or worked out the dimensions; I wanted to see if there was interest before I bought a bunch of aluminum I wouldn't otherwise use.

I'll gauge the level of interest and let y'all know what the situation is.

Sounds interesting. Assuming it stays around that $50 price point I could be very interested. I really like the idea of using metal for the armor.

"at $50US for the set, i think i would be very interested. im sure using .50 metal plates would look great."

EDIT: GCNgamer128 is probably right. I guess I was a bit sleepy when I read the thread first, for I misread the ".050" as ".50" (see quote above). 5/100ths of an inch is pretty thin. Id probably prefer something much thicker to make sure the armor had the right "look" of thick armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back