Luke is an idiot

CombatBaby

Well-Known Hunter
Now I understand Luke was a bit frightened to find himself iced to a cave ceiling about to be devoured, but after he sliced the Wampa's arm off and ran outside, why didn't he flip around and go kill it off so that he had a warm place to stay.

He just ran out in the blizzard and didn't even consider going back in.

well the cave wasn't terribly warm if it was sustaining ice on the ceiling. I think Luke left the cave to find a way back to the rebel base, otherwise it didn't seem he was in range to be found by anybody. Most people in a survival situation do not stay where they are. They try to get back or get help. Mostly out of panic. In the original version, not the bloody SE, I always got the impression the lair was full of wampas... like a nest... because of the multiple howls in the cave (maybe it is just me). Luke hadn't received a whole lot of training on his lightsaber by this point (good against remotes is one thing... good against living?) so maybe his best option was to just get the heck out of dodge.

Speaking of stupid, why did Boba not just shoot luke etc from the main sail barge in ROTJ?
We did he feel the need to jet pack his way over there with a long range blaster with sights? Did you want to shoot luke point blank in the face?

well the cave wasn't terribly warm if it was sustaining ice on the ceiling. I think Luke left the cave to find a way back to the rebel base, otherwise it didn't seem he was in range to be found by anybody. Most people in a survival situation do not stay where they are. They try to get back or get help. Mostly out of panic. In the original version, not the bloody SE, I always got the impression the lair was full of wampas... like a nest... because of the multiple howls in the cave (maybe it is just me). Luke hadn't received a whole lot of training on his lightsaber by this point (good against remotes is one thing... good against living?) so maybe his best option was to just get the heck out of dodge.

if not terribly warm, it would still have been out of the wind, which would have kept frostbite, and hypothermia at bay for longer. And even if not wholy trained with the lightsaber, he was going against a now one armed wampa, probbaly not the hardest of things to fight.

Speaking of stupid, why did Boba not just shoot luke etc from the main sail barge in ROTJ?
We did he feel the need to jet pack his way over there with a long range blaster with sights? Did you want to shoot luke point blank in the face?

To quote Boba from Robot Chicken,"I'm Boba Fett! I'm the greatest bounty hunter ever! (Various sounds from Boba resembling blaster fire.)" :lol:

Gentlemen, the reasons for all these things are clear. It was in the script. Try as they may no one can escape the will of the script!

While I agree that luke wasn't the sharpest vibroblade in the kit. I would agree with asok. But since the films are over twenty five years old they do count as historical documentation and fact. Oh yeah lest not we forget the ever present, "suspension of disbelief" Considering the entire series' success depends on that.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back