New Fett Photos - 1979 Tour

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Two of the coolest photos I have seen in a while! Thanks to John Bush for pointing them out to me!

3207080964_dbce1ac8df_t.jpg

3206234745_4e8466143d_t.jpg

So much to see!

Same Right Gaunt as at C4... PP1 Left Breast, PP2 Right Breast, Sandy #2 Ab Plate, RotJ Helmet, pp2 Left gaunt, ESB Ammo Belt, PP2 Gloves...

http://flickr.com/photos/aloha75/3206234745/sizes/o/

http://flickr.com/photos/aloha75/3207080964/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Great find. Glad to see they used the same chest armor getup (mixed and matched pieces) as seen on the Sandy suit, the shoulders and all. There was only one other pic of it together and that was in the Star Wars Insider BH edition right? They mix and match those chest pieces like theres no tommorrow. Everything is the same as the other new suit discovered last week, except they aparently decided to grap this chest instead of the Sandy.

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
No wookie scalps. 10 ammo pouches, some with snaps like ESB. Straight up brown girth.

So, who's going to say if any of these Fetts are canon or not? They all have Lucasfilm Boba parts on them, and they did do events with the public. Just not in the movies, so let the battle begin for the movie only purists vs. the "other versions do exist" crowd. Discuss.... :lol:

Got this very cool email from the guy who originally posted these photos on Flickr! His name is Steven and here is what he sent and asked me to post for him!

"My parents took those pictures in November 1979. There was an in-store appearance by Boba Fett and Darth Vader at Gold Circle on the west side of Columbus, Ohio. The store was located on West Broad Avenue (building is still there but Gold Circle closed a long time ago ... maybe early 90s). I honestly don't know why Boba was there. I've always wondered and I haven't been able to locate any information on his appearance. I know he signed a picture (as seen in the background of this photo):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aloha75/3208296110/in/set-72157612718542294/

I have the original photo somewhere in my house. I was a little over 4 years old when I met Vader and Fett.

I hope this information is helpful. I wish you all the best with your site.

If you happen to have any information and are able to share, you can contact me at - horizonsone@gmail.com.

Mahalo for your time,
Steven"

Wow, that is realy awsome. :D I know I have a picture from the same year (I'm preety sure) when my mom "visited Darth Vader" at the fast food place Wendy's. I've never heard of anything like that either, nor seen any pictures of costume visits to the place. The picture autographed, if I remember right, is an existing Vader image infront of a generic Wendy's building.

I've always wondered why the Darth Lord himself would be here, considering my town is sorta out of the way, and not a big city by any meens. And I just wonder what suit it would of been to be able to tour Wendys in Southern IL. :lol:

Sandy Suit :cheers

picture.php

Sandy Helmet, and has the Sandy 2 ab like the new pics.

Thats great that you were able to find out more Art. It goes to show that there are probably alot more photos out there of possibly another varient tour suit.

Ahhh... and not to be a total noob about this, but what is the "history" or background on that? Just a brief snippet..

NM....I got it!!! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just amazing. After all these years, new stuff pops up all the time. It makes you wonder how much is still really out there.

Thanks for posting Art!

I love those vintage pics, are there more out there :confused :D

I have a feeling there are a good bit of people out there that took pictures at these events back in the late 70's, and more and more will surface over time. Unfortunetly no digital cameras back then so most are in peoples album's.

I have a feeling there are a good bit of people out there that took pictures at these events back in the late 70's, and more and more will surface over time. Unfortunetly no digital cameras back then so most are in peoples album's.

So.....We'll just hafe to start breaking into people houses to steal thier 70's photo albums. Probolem solved.

:lol:p;)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back