Ambu Fett / Sci-Fire Boba Fett Jet Pack...

Maybe this will be helpful.

Whoa, thank you!!

I will seriously investigate, concept sketches due next week, how to construct a 'functional' grappling hook. My initial idea is to have them open/close when the hook is pulled from resp. inserted into the 'hook holder' (according to the picture posted by phantomfett
DSC00951.jpg
)
I need springs and some mechanism that levers all there hooks simultaneously.

Anyone built this before?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, there was an incident at work that now prevents us from doing any work after hours - that should all clear up in a week or so.

But on a brighter note, John is well on his way to drawing up the body sections!

AF

Art, where do you get these fantastic pics from !!!
Never mind, just keep 'em coming.......lol
I really enjoy seeing these types of pics as they are very helpful when building.

Those are photos a friend provided to me that originally came from Mark Harris. I don't have permission to post the complete images, but I am trying to give what I can. Hopefully, one day that will change.

Last edited:
^ ^ I think if i were making a mechanism. id make one that would extend the blades when the rocket was twisted (If your looking for an internal mechanism) because then you wont need a 'switch' perse.

If i were going to do it with a switch, id use a plunger mechanism. Just my .02creds

Yes, I will be picking back up on this either this week or on the weekend. I am re-molding a few pieces for Sci-Fire at the moment and want to get those completed before I dive back in. It will prevent interruptions ;)

Thanks for the bump!

AF

Threads like is are soo fun to watch! I'm so impressed by the talent some of you guys have!!

Last time I talked to John, their shop was completely slammed with a number of major productions which means projects like these are forced to the backburner in favor of real work. Don't give up on this but it might be longer than we had hoped. I have a couple of projects that are currently on hold with them.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back