% Fett

dankenman

Hunter
With all of the signatures out there that display their progress % of the Fett that they are building, I decided to try and calculate where I was at. Now I have seen some interesting numbers like 78%. If you come up with that you must have a pretty accurate scale/formula that you use?
I am curious how everyone comes up with there % or if there is a formula floating around?

My Fett was done before people started putting those % signs under their posts, so I have no clue what that's all about. :lol:

It's not really that accurate, but for me its just a basic representation of where I am at, and how much more I have to go.

Pretty much. My scratchbuild is at the point where people looking at it will be able to easily recognize me as Jango, but I'm still missing a jet pack, gauntlets, an upgrade to snaps, a better vest and helmet; none absolutely 100% essential (like the chest armor is) in my mind, but a benchmark of where I am-exactly as 987654321a said.

As long as it's obvious who I am, and I'm having fun, it's not that big a deal to me that I don't have high-end gear, so I suppose that the % is a measure of "I'll be satisfied with it if I do X things."

...for a few minutes :D

Umm, and here I was thinking my Fett was complete... and then, there is something to upgrade.

The only way to be 100% complete is either, you buy the real deal complete suit or you have DECIDED that you have had enough and it is now complete at 100%...

Mine will always be at 96%... :lol:

Just a quick conclusion: One never reaches 100% because there will always be things to be sortet out and replaced by even more accurate parts.

So anybody at around 98-99% should be very happy! *lol*

And the fact that you will never reach the 100% is the most thrilling thing when working on a boba or Jango costume ... or better said: That´s for almost all costumes around.

just my 2c ...

Cheers,

Manuel

Thanks for all the comments. I think what I really was going for is that it is funny that people will have odd numbers; ie...39, 72. anything more exact than 25, 60, or 85 just made me wonder how they came to that exact of a number.

That´s caused by experience! *lol*

The longer you work on your boba/jango, the more you know how much % each part is taking compared to the whole costume. ;-)

I think alot of people are just BS'ing when they put 78.2%, 63%, ect. Or the person may actually think they are 43% complete but more than likely there not right in the .....:lol:

Anyways, with a Fett costume, you take 1 step forward and 2 backwards!! :p

**** costume is way too long to make!! And to think I am still mistaken with a robotic turtle... :cry

Uhm.. I actually made an excel spreadsheet with weighted percents for each component and the steps involved to finish it out..

Yeah.. I'm a little geeky.

That's why I have "odd" numbers.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back