Fellowship of the bodysuit-To be Shipped!!!

zam i am said:
where do you get US custom's forms--(I don't get taxed do I?) and does anyone know if there is a surcharge from your bank to exchange currency?

Customs forms are available wherever you mail from - PO or UPS. As far as getting $$$ from there to here... Oi!!!! You can do a bank transfer in US $$, they usually charge a percent of the amount. You might also consider an AMEX Traveler's Check as they are of course available in Europe. I would suggest talking to your bank though before starting anything, see what they suggest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay THAT IS KICK A$$! That is so awesome! I'm so glad I got on board this.

Zam i am are you sure that is the right color, because I got the feeling that it's a little bit more pink, here, this is the pic that I've been looking at.
jpg.jpg

That is a nice shot for reference of the over all costume. Only problem is the lighting they used when takeing the shot discolored most of the colors. Our esteemed Forum Moderator went all the way to Australia to see the actualy costume when it was on display for the Myth of the Magic tour. It was only shown at the Australia location and he took pictures of the costume and also panatones so we could match up the colors. We are positive on what the color is thanks to Dustin Crops Boy.

Wow, changing to breathable neoprene, causes a different lamination process. There will now be more lycra material used for sewing the top edge of the pants and underside of the crop top, because lycra will now be hanging off of both edges of the width of the roll of neoprene.
Our fellowship is now gonna be the zam armada... hehe Welcome aboard Qui-Gon_Ludo! :)

Thank you Zam I am!!! You have been very helpfull through PMs, and I am so glad someone did so much to get an accurate material for the Zam ccostume. That really was the one part that was scaring me, but now the problem seems solved :)

List has been edited to reflect how people signed up, and will also dictate the order suits will be made by the seamstress if she decides to cut out the pattern one by one.

Welp, the neo company just shipped me a large sample of open cell neoprene. My seamstress will be able to get in more neoprene practice before she gets the real material :) yeh, anything to make the suit more accurate :)

EDIT**WOW!, I just talked to the neoprene co. the prototype will have one week turn around from the day they recieve the dyed lycra. So once Dallas gives me an ok on color, we have a go for the prototype and it will be sent back in a week. Then if everything turns out good with the lamination, I will be asking for money to put in the order. But for the manufacture of the BULK order, it has a one MONTH turn around time. So, our suits won't be worked on by the seamstress until sometime in mid-March. Just letting you all know ahead of time, this one is gonna be a long process and thanks for being patient.

Not a problem... as long as it's done before Dragon*Con - I'll be happy! :D :D Besides...this gives me a bit longer on that diet! ;)

Please, just give a heads-up on when you'll need the money - I have to transfer the $$$ from my bank and that takes about 3-4 work days to complete! Thanks! :)

I am anxious for everyone to transfer the money too,so we can start the order already, but gotta wait until I get the prototype back without lamination problems and so that I can give you all a final price figure. We have successfully lowered the amount that it costs per person close to $200.00, but I need for them to ship the finished prototype to me before we can get some exacting figures. Do you want me to start collecting money before or after I send you all samples of the prototype? Once I recieve a hitch free prototype, I will be accepting $$ via paypal. zamiam@comcast.net. Or, check. Pm me and I will give you my address. I want you to be completely satisfied with the prototype so that you "know" how the material will turn out. The last several people on the list have not had a chance to feel and see option #2. And no one has really "seen" the pantone color on the neoprene just yet either. Still waiting on the colors to arrive at Dallas' doorstep so he can say "ok" at this point. But I do realize, the sooner I start collecting the dough, the faster we can put the big order in. The absolute last day for people to join the "fellowship" is a Jan 27th.

"That's all good, gives me more time to save some $$$"

Exactly. ;) Thanks for the update, zam I am.

Wonderful news!!

zam i am wrote:

Do you want me to start collecting money before or after I send you all samples of the prototype?
Personally, I'll send the money once you know the final figure and before I see the sample, but I'd still like a sample. :) I don't care if the color is "off" by a little or the fabric is not the exact same... I'm not backing out now. :D

I'm PMing you. :)

I'll do the same. If you come up with a final price, I should be ready.

I suppose it could depend on how you need to get things taken care of on your end. If or when you need some funds to get the project taken care.

Cal

Woohoo!!!! Call is made to the dyeing company! I will fax the confirmation right now. D !!!!
lab_dips.JPG

One small step for zam, one LARGE step for clawdite kind... LOL :lol: Ok ok, we're through one hump. Gotsta get the prototype. The dyeing company said that they would send it to the neo company wed or thurs. So a week and two days after the 29th or 30th, I should have the prototype. Someone gimme a high five! Dynomite! So final cost will be given at the earliest, the 6th of Feb. Then I will try to send to all yalls the prototype sample with a welt seam. :) (I'm still praying that lamination goes on without a hitch. ) Need the zam blessings and mojo goin...zam i am does the safety dance...

EDIT** If you cannot get $200-250 by Feb 3rd, PLEASE let me know, because it will affect everyone else's cost for the suit when it comes time to order. The $200-250 includes shipping. I cannot order unless EVERYONE on the list pays me, and everything clears my bank. I can only wish that I were rich enuff to prepay for everything but I can't. EDIT again 1/30** But because several people have signed up, the cost has lowered to about $210. I cannot give a final quote until about the 6th of Feb. If someone drops off the list, then the price will go up.If someone signs on, it might drop a little.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back