Fellowship of the bodysuit-To be Shipped!!!

Because the fabric will have a lesser total thickness, Do you want me to order the fabric where the lamination goes all the way to the edges of all three materials ie, lycra,neo,and nylon? The neoprene company really seemed to have problems matching the fabric together width wize. This would forego folding the lycra over the top edge of the pants idea. And just turn the whole thing over to sew...Or, we can still go with one edge having lycra a little longer. Where, lycra =54" neoprene and nylon = give or take 50" width. The prototype came out to be 54"lycra 50" neoprene and 48" nylon. For some reason they had problems matching the nylon and neoprene exactly together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to be put in touch with the seamstress on pricing too. Does this mean we have over a month and a half to come up with the $$ for the seamstress?

Lemme know! Payment on the way for the fabric!!! LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Yeah, you have a month and a half to save up for the seamstress. I have no idea about cost. My guess is $250 but it's only a guess. She won't know price until she does mine. And, I don't think this guess figure includes the black cotton leotard underneath. I will talk to her this week when she does the welt seam for the prototype.

zam i am wrote:

Do you want me to order the fabric where the lamination goes all the way to the edges of all three materials?

Is this a critical decision? The top of the pants is where it makes a difference isn't it? If it's not critical, then perhaps we should consider what is easier for the lamination company to do a great job and also for the seamstress?

cal

MonCal wrote:

zam i am wrote:

Do you want me to order the fabric where the lamination goes all the way to the edges of all three materials?
Is this a critical decision? The top of the pants is where it makes a difference isn't it? If it's not critical, then perhaps we should consider what is easier for the lamination company to do a great job and also for the seamstress?
cal
Not critical, just need to make a decision so that the neoprene co. can strive to laminate it a certain way.It's sorta more fabric vs. the seamstress sewing through three pieces kinda thing. Our tallest person can still wear the pants at a 44" width, so there is enough clearance there for the width to be at 44" and have a pants leg without any wrong seams/cuts in it. It mostly effects those who want to sew it themselves.

BTW, everyone who is on the seamstress list has been asking me "how much?" It can be anywhere around $250.00 And that is a HUGE guess from me. THe seamstress won't even know until we've finished drafting the pattern, and made my suit. There are lingering questions as to whether there are anymore special stitching besides the welt seams on the arms and legs and pants top. She will email everyone when she is ready to take measurements and/or give people a list of what things to measure for. She also needs to do more testing on the prototype before she can give any sort of price quote. She (has time for testing) and everyone has a month and a half (to save up) before she gets the fabric too. So, thanks for being patient, cause this whole suit thing is going to be a long wait. If anyone wants to point out any particulars that they've noticed about the patterning that I have failed to see, post please! I have heard from everyone except for two people regarding payment. I hope to order next week, so please expedite the dough via cashiers check or paypal soon, so that I can order earlier in the week. Thanks!

Prototype swatches with a welt seam will be mailed out on Saturday March 1st. I need the money to clear by Wednesday for me to make the order on Thursday. Please send your payments in!!!
EDIT** Many people who have sent me paypal amounts have also listed a different address than what they pm'ed me before. I will send your swatches to the address indicated on the Paypal address given. I can only assume it is the most current address. Oh, There will be an update on my webpage, for you to view regarding prototype 1 vs. prototype 2. I will give you all the link when I get back from the post office. You have to remember, my seamstress was testing needles and properties of the material using your prototypes, that is why the welt seams are different that will be sent out. The welt seams will eventually be more like prototype 1.
See?
2proto.jpg

I got the sample today (Monday). It looks amazing. I think you found the perfect thing, Zam.

I look forward to getting the suits done.

DarkTrooper

Oh, I talked to my seamstress, because this version of neoprene is a lot thinner than the first swatch they sent us, I am going to order the fabric so that they laminate the whole thing so that there is no lycra hanging over. If anything, we would trim the neo and nylon off. That way, there is no wasted fabric, and the seamstress is happy too.

Got my Sample just now. The color is perfect and then thickness is also prefect. The welt seam lookslike it will work out properly but I think on the final sauit the welt seam should be a bit more wide. The current one on my sample is about 1/4 inch and I think the finnal one should be closer to 1/2 inch in width.

Wait....

Does everyone see it....?

I do believe.......

Yes....It is.....

A light at the end of our tunnel.......

Great work Zam I Am.......!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: - Dark Trooper

Oh, btw, I will bringing my cardboard cut out today to my seamstress so she can see how big everything should be :)

Got my sample, the stuff looks GREAT! I wish there was a male costume that used this stuff! I'm ready to make a Zam suit for myself! :lol:

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back