T-Visors dot com on ebay...

gunnerk19

Active Hunter
Kinda after the fact posting this, but I just ordered a dark smoke visor for my Sgt Fang bucket, and was wondering if anyone else here has one and how it fits from the start?

I'm going ROTJ, so this one seems to be the way to go... Any thoughts?

I assume you bought the one that is sized for the Mystery bucket? I think it's the extended version. It should fit across the top nicely. You MAY have to trim the bottom. I'm not sure b/c I haven't fitted mine to my FPH yet.

Check his site: t-visor.com

I have bought from them before. Nice visor! good visability. I had to sand mine on the top corners with a dremel to fit it to one of my helmets. The other helmet it fit pretty good the way it was.

mine was fragile and snapped trying to fit it in.

Odd...

Mine showed up packed well, and seems robust enough; looks to be about give or take 3mm thick, and fits inside my helmet nicely with enough overlap to either trim or account for a means of fastening...

How much did you need to flex it trying to make it fit? even with untold differences between finished sizes and makers, I can't think why it wouldn't give enough without breaking?

Although, it appears that it may just be the plastic; on mine, you can see where the visor has been cut out of a larger shield (probly welding), because there are teeny tiny chips along the edge, which tells me these are not really a "custom" (molded to shape and not cut) item...

I dunno who T-visors is and I don't mean to sound harsh since I like mine, but $$ wise the idea is, yeno, go to HW store, buy a bunch of full face visors at say $5.00 each, cut them out and put 'em up for around $12 apiece on ebay minus shipping...

I suck at math and even I can figure that one out... :lol:

Odd...

Mine showed up packed well, and seems robust enough; looks to be about give or take 3mm thick, and fits inside my helmet nicely with enough overlap to either trim or account for a means of fastening...

How much did you need to flex it trying to make it fit? even with untold differences between finished sizes and makers, I can't think why it wouldn't give enough without breaking?

Although, it appears that it may just be the plastic; on mine, you can see where the visor has been cut out of a larger shield (probly welding), because there are teeny tiny chips along the edge, which tells me these are not really a "custom" (molded to shape and not cut) item...

I dunno who T-visors is and I don't mean to sound harsh since I like mine, but $$ wise the idea is, yeno, go to HW store, buy a bunch of full face visors at say $5.00 each, cut them out and put 'em up for around $12 apiece on ebay minus shipping...

I suck at math and even I can figure that one out... :lol:

Actually I believe he cuts the shape from a flat sheet and then forms them over a mold to get the curvature.

Are these the best visors to get for a Sgt Fang? As I have one and was just wondering about a good fit. I brought mine from another source.

Ahhh, that would make sense too...

Wouldn't that somehow effect the optical clarity (fish eye)? I can see great out of mine...

It would if it was being curved in both directions (think bubble lense), but since it is a single curve, the clarity isnt affected.

I'm still in the process of trimming my visor opening, but right off the bat it fits pretty well with about 3/4" of the visor past the horizontal opening on either side for mounting...

I think I still need to thicken the helmet as a whole beforehand tho... the helmet is only about 2.5 mm thick, and I would think if it were an actual helmet, it would likely be at least 4 or 5 mm...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back