kevlar helmet pads?

Hellhounds

Active Hunter
I was shown kevlar helmet pads intented for army helmets by Mandalorfett a while back and just started looking into these. Biggest reason I was told about using them is they wont start sagging and losing shape when you sweat or wear the helmet for long periods of time. From all the studying i've done the only pads that wont loose shape or start soaking in the sweat are Skydex helmet pads. They aren't the standard foam padding. Also they say they are better for mold and stuff. Anyone use these? The cheapest I've seen them for is 80 bucks for a set.

I have a pair for my Stormy helmet..i think I got them for $35....8 piece set.. If I can find the site I will let you know..it has been about a year since I got them..maybe 8 months. They are great though..velcro dots will hold them well..they are lightweight..very comfortable.

They are the pads for the MICH/ACH, they are issued in two sizes...
"6" (thick) I think around 3/4" thick
and "8" (thicker) around 1" thick

You can pick them up on Ebay, all day long

They velcro into the shell of the helmet. I like them, the only draw back is they are hard as a rock when they are cold...

Old post, I know, but the information's valid all the same. A relatively new company called Skydex makes these pads with materials that don't get hard when cold. I use them in my helmets in active military service, and they're a VAST improvement over the older pads. They also don't get quite as funky as fast as the older pads do after getting soaked in sweat

I use 2 helmet pads i cut and glued together to kinda form fit the pads, i get no slipping and no bobble head with them.
But they were $15 apiece.

Yeah search for MICH pads on Ebay. A bag of 7 is like $20, tops. I love em in my buckets...esp since I can pull em out to wash & hot swap among buckets.

4946130021_7839b804bd_z.jpg

I got issued a new set of those pads for my helmet this deployment. Lucky for me the old ones were in decent shape, so I'm saving the new ones for my Fett helmet. Thanks much American Tax-payer :D

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back