MPP vs Heiland

Was wondering the same thing:confused..........MPP, pictures prove it.

There, debate done.:D..so now someone post it in the Wiki.;)

Spidey - Maybe you could get a hold of real one, and have your machinist make em for sale.

I been looking for one. But I'll be happy enough to have a accurate alluninum one.

That's all I need to complete my Hyperfirm ESB blaster when I get it.

Turo

well some people were asking for proof that it was a mpp & not a heiland in another thread a few weeks ago and noone ended up posting any proof when they said they would and there seems to be some mixed info out there that can easily misslead people IE the RS Fett you guys built has a heiland & i assume you guys also used one on the JB fett, correct me if im wrong. so i wanted to put a thread up that will help clear up the confusion...:/

I know you just want pictures..I mean really who doesn't? would make all this a whole lot easier no? But it is what it is.

I do have a question though. If it's the MPP then what is this???? Is that on the MPP?
Clearly it's two holes or notches...

attachment.php

blastermppdetail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone provide me with size for the MPP, I mean overall length/diameter, slot and hole sizes and if possible positions of these slots relative to each other, replicating it would be quite simple on a 4th Axis CNC mill, obviously the engraving is not easily replicated but it depends what people would be looking for in terms of a replica (y)

Can someone post a decent quality picture/s of the correct ( MPP / Heiland ) Flash tube before it's been stripped down in order to make the ESB Blaster Tip?

THX!

:cheers

I never said that you guys said a heiland was correct...:facepalm

nice photo. i have no idea what those dents/holes are
Edit. just looked throuhh somore photos i got. they do look to be holes.

I never said that you guys said a heiland was correct...:facepalm
Then why bring up the two most recent Fett "replica's" that I've worked on as part of your debate?...That's why they're called "Replicas", trust me if there were a ton of MPP flash tubes out there we would all be happy, but there's not...so the alternative is a heiland..close enough for a Replica, no?

nice photo. i have no idea what those dents/holes are
Well they're there, and I don't think it's a characteristic of the MPP as we know it, no?... that's my point.... Heiland vz MPP, no contest. But MPP? prove it...that's all.

I think GBH brings up a good point, we need a side-by-side pic comparison of Pub photos/screen shots, the Heiland, and the MPP....virtually the same angles in every comparsion..............any takers?

Trust me I want this settled too.(y)

well from what i hear there are 2 or more versions of mpps with different shrouds. maybe its from one of those other variations
and i think thats what i started this thread for was to compare the flash's with the photos of whats on the gun

well from what i hear there are 2 or more versions of mpps with different shrouds. maybe its from one of those other variations
and i think thats what i started this thread for was to compair the flash's with the photos of whats on the gun
That's what I heard too...(y)... where's lonepigeon, or ss when you need them?:lol:

The "hole" closest to the edge of the barrel end is where the shroud thumb screw tightens to the tube. Now that's only a drilled divot on the outside of the MPP - not a hole all the way through. What we're seeing here could be a bump on the inside OR what's supposed to be just a divot was accidentally drilled through the tube. To be clear the divot on the outside was drilled into the tube after chroming (exposing brass) and the bottom of the hole is V-shaped obviously from a drill bit.

I don't know if there's any sort of mark or bump inside the MPP tube because I'm not taking mine apart to find out. :)

The second hole with the red arrow is the top hole of the trigger/button assembly. It's for a slotted screw that holds the black bar onto the side of the MPP.

BTW - similar holes are on the Heiland and can be seen above in the rotated scans of the 2-cell.

PS - I should have been a little clearer about the 2-cell. The Heiland 2-cell is too short for a lightsaber and too short compared to a real MPP --- BUT, for a Fett rifle this doesn't matter because the tube goes into the barrel of the Webley (you just have a little less inside the flare gun). There is no cutting involved.

I had a 2 Cell Heiland with the same holes, there was a small black strip screwed on through those 2 holes, with some sort of dial/adjustment knob on it, not saying that is a 2 cell Heiland by the way, just chiming in, love to see this cleared up (y)

5"

I am very confident about this. I have taken screenshots of ESB, scaled the width of the tube, and measured the length of which it sticks out of the blaster.

That is the method that I had heard someone else do. They came up with 4.85 inches or something like that, (just under 5 inches). So I would agree that this is probably the correct length. I am actually kind of surprised that there isn't more info out there about this weapon?!? I should be receiving my sidewinder kit in the mail soon, and would like to build it as accurate as possible...short of buying a MPP if that is the correct tube.

Thanks for the info GCNgamer128. It still surprises me that more people dont have info on this. Maybe its because I love weapons, but the blaster and the sidearm are some of my favorite parts.
So do we all "agree" that the MPP is correct? ...and is that just everyone settling with MPP because we cant find any other info to say otherwise? Im not saying its not, but it seems like because of lack of more info, everyone now is certain the MPP is correct. Im just saying it is still not a 100% absolutely sure thing?

Just wondering, was there only one prop blaster or more than one? Could the pics be of different blasters? Art, Tyler D., RS, SS, Spidey?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back