MPP vs Heiland

I've seen some photos that people leave some of the guts inside. Is that correct? The photo directly above looks liek it's been gutted? I kind of like the "look" of the inside. Is there a "correct" inside?

looks like its 100% gutted.

hollow.PNG

In a famous picture it looks like there is a white dot/greeblie in the center of the barrel:
ESB_Fett_Vader.jpg

And MandalorFett has very nicely interpreted that in his rifle:

But there is nothing there. It's the round hole on the backside of the barrel:
attachment.php

Yea, I saw MandalorFett's. I really like the look of the tip. It clearly looks like there is something inside that ESB shot too... I don't know.. perhaps it's artistic expression at this point.

My Heiland (I know... perhaps not exactly accurate, but it's all I've got) has a cool looking "gut" to it, but the center is a spring. I could add a rod to it, but I don't know...

My Heiland (I know... perhaps not exactly accurate, but it's all I've got) has a cool looking "gut" to it, but the center is a spring. I could add a rod to it, but I don't know...

looks like this?

ebay_0145519.JPG

I have two of these. I like it very much. Very sci-fi like. I think I'll get rid of the spring though.

yea, that's what mine looks like too. So you have a spring as well? I thought about trying to take the "guts" apart and replace the spring with a metal rod (like MandalorFett's).

Here are some blueprints I drafted up awhile back based on the MR MPP. Each face is based on a clockwise rotation. T=Top and B=Bottom to give a orientation location.

Attachments

• MPPFlash01.pdf
    26.5 KB · Views: 441
  • MPPFlash02.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 402
Here are some blueprints I drafted up awhile back based on the MR MPP. Each face is based on a clockwise rotation. T=Top and B=Bottom to give a orientation location.

Nice work, however I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that the MR replica is slightly undersized to the real MPP's? I just scored an MPP so will compare the measurements when it arrives.

Whether it's gutted or not, I'd rather have the innards in there, just becaues I think it looks cool. I'll step away from canon for that, but if anyone has a set of Heiland innards, please PM me :D

I thought my guts were the same as posted above, but when I looked at them I realized they were a bit different.
P1010409.jpg

P1010412.jpg

Sorry, but I don't want to part with it, even though I will be using a hollow barrel. I think it looks more like a lightsaber tip.

just wanted to point out something bout the blueprints of the MR flash. most of the visible things on the saber are right but it seems that MR didn't pay too much attention on what was not visible on the saber tube they made. there are a few things wrong with it. just afew examples the largest hole (10mm) on the plans is actually only a 4mm hole. also the distance from the end of the tube to the nameplate rivet hole is about 68mm instead of 65mm there's just more tube on the end. ect. ect.
Seven you got a PM coming yer way :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both the mpp and heiland flash i shall take some side by side pics at the weekend if you like.

I always thought the flash was the heiland and never even thought to check the mpp.

Interesting thread...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back