What a leather guy does when he's bored

99centTaco

Active Hunter
A couple of weeks ago before I was doing any runs of belts, I saw a bag online on J. Crew website and saw a bag that was priced at about $800. I said to myself, they have got to be crazy! I looked in my closet and behold! Same type. What you guys think?

Now it will sit and collect dust. :lol:

Any comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
But did yours come from the J. Crew site and cost $800, I think not! And besides, who wants to say "This here leather bag is a 99 cent leather bag?"

:lol: :p ;) Just kidding of corse! It looks realy great! :D

In Los Angeles there is a huge market for cheaper knockoffs, especially as well crafted, and accurate as you can make them. It would be easy to sell, if you could mimic several different styles. (Not that I am a purse guy, or that there is anything wrong with that)

Who says it has to be a purse? it looks like it could fit some Gamming books and a bag of dice. Or even on of those new micro laptops. Im a sucker for a good leather bag.

the bag is 13" wide 15" tall and 5" deep. When I was browsing J. Crew website, I just could not believe the price tag. The leather isn't cheap I know that. Its a great oil-tan leather which runs alittle over $100 for the half of hide. If I got asked to do this bag I would maybe go $200 but not $800, thats insane!

OH SNAP!!!! I threw this bag up on ebay and its currently at $300..... what the shmell? I was hoping to get ..oh I don't know...$50 to $100.... That blows my mind.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back