So, who wants to buy... me?!? Sideshow Sandtrooper

just please tell me those are not real mp40 pouches on your costume, because they look pretty authentic.

BTW, thanks for your site. It has helped me build my own sandtrooper.

Yup,

All three pouches in my photos are original WWII german MP-40 pouches. However, I have recently sold them as we have determined at least some of the pouches appear to be prop department replicas and not authentic WWII pouches.

I really hope nobody buys the Art Andrews action figure and posts pictures of it in wacky and embarrassing poses. Yep, that would be a shame...if someone POSTED wacky pictures. :)

Yup,

All three pouches in my photos are original WWII german MP-40 pouches. However, I have recently sold them as we have determined at least some of the pouches appear to be prop department replicas and not authentic WWII pouches.

If they were authentic pouches, please tell me you did not alter them in any way. I am a WWII collector and authentic ones in good condition are getting harder and harder to come by. :(

Also, for the prop pouches you speak of, are they of similar quality? Is anyone you sold them to willing to turn them around and sell again? Or do you know of a source for these leather ones (like yours, the German type, not the Swedish). Thanks Art.

One of mine came from a fellow trooper and it has been passed on to another trooper. Two of the others (the Stolla Wein hip pouches) came off eBay and went to another trooper in Hawaii. You are right. We see fewer and fewer of the pouches on eBay, but they are still there from time to time. You might want to sign up for the MEPD as there are a number of people selling their original pouches right now because they are getting the new, more accurate (for Star Wars) replica pouches.

Trust me, I am trying to get them to send one.... and sadly, that armor no longer belongs to me. I sold it about 3 years ago (to a member here) and it is now a display piece in his collection.

I was able to score the exclusive version. An AMAZING likeness.
I quit collecting Sideshow stuff last year but when I saw this thing I knew I had to have it!
I posted comparison shots like you did in our Local Rebelscum collectors forum and at first people asked where I had got the better images from.
When I pointed out that it was the Armor I had bought from you they were shocked!!

So Davin will now have a "Mini Me" to keep him company!!

That is so awesome! You have to love having Sideshow making a figure of the display sitting in your house! I still miss the armor, but I am going to be getting started on another one before too long! Davin will have a brother!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back