New ESB FP Armor

Thanks guys!

Cojake: I started using my dremel but it was taking way too long and it was just too loud since I live in an apartment. I moved over to my x-acto with a fresh blade.

usmcrice0311: I am using my airbrush, but I do not have my compresor with me so I cannot use it until I get it back.

stormshadow2100
: Thanks man!

Greetings all,
Brand new to the site and I must say I am thoroughly impressed by the devotion nay the absolute obsession with Fett. It makes me feel at home! After some almost 20 years of wanting to build fetts suit I find myself in a position to. I have a ton of questions which will come in time. But the main one now is; is FB Armor defunct? Is there a new site? How much was the armor? Inquiring minds need to know!
Thanks in advance for any info.

welcome aboard, Vargas! i know this is not a welcome thread, but hey...and great work on the new armor, brother!! looking great!

Looks to be coming along quite nicely. Mine should be coming soon, so you are getting me excited. Cant wait to see you get some paint on it.

Thanks guys!

Cojake: I started using my dremel but it was taking way too long and it was just too loud since I live in an apartment. I moved over to my x-acto with a fresh blade.

If it's not too late, I'd recommend using a jewelers/hobby file set at this point to finish up the jet pack slits. Makes a real clean look! A file set usually runs around $10-15 at any hobby or hardware store.

I draped an old bedsheet over my couch (for the plastic dust), and filed while watching TV. :)

With that crack, don't use JB Weld. Get your hands on a small chunk of plastic, heat it with a heat gun, and form it to the underside of the crack. Once it's cooled, remove it and glue it down with some plastic weld.

If it's not too late, I'd recommend using a jewelers/hobby file set at this point to finish up the jet pack slits. Makes a real clean look! A file set usually runs around $10-15 at any hobby or hardware store.

I draped an old bedsheet over my couch (for the plastic dust), and filed while watching TV. :)

I'm glad I am not the only one who watches tv while I work on my armor :lol:

With that crack, don't use JB Weld. Get your hands on a small chunk of plastic, heat it with a heat gun, and form it to the underside of the crack. Once it's cooled, remove it and glue it down with some plastic weld.

Hmm...Well the JB weld is holding up very well.. So I think Ill use that for now temporarily. Or I could remove the weld, and just brush thinner on both sides of the crack so that would have a chemical bond instead of just a glued on piece of plastic.

Well plastic weld is a chemical bond. The glue will seep through the crack and will bond the crack that way, the piece of plastic is simple reinforcement.

Quick update of where I am at with the costume and the armor as a whole.

Here is a group shot of everything I have including my MoW gauntlets.

I just received my girth belt and am about to start work on the ammo belt.

I also got my knee darts and gauntlet darts in a few days ago. And my very nice Fettdad harness which is the coolest thing ever. The wookie braids are just doll hair braids which arent too great but Julie is backed up until 2010 and slavefives run is closed I believe...or not.. I guess I'll invest in better ones later.

DSC03599.jpg

DSC03601.jpg

DSC03602-1.jpg

DSC03606.jpg

DSC03608.jpg

DSC03613.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03599.jpg
    DSC03599.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC03601.jpg
    DSC03601.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC03602-1.jpg
    DSC03602-1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC03606.jpg
    DSC03606.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC03608.jpg
    DSC03608.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC03613.jpg
    DSC03613.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 93
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back