Public appology

reinone

Active Hunter
Hey guys.

I don’t know how to start or even type what I have put my family through… I had just been talking to a friend who has alerted me to what I have let happen here on the TDH. I don’t blame you guys for being worried about this project. I didn’t mean for this to happen, but during November and December I reached rock bottom financially and spiritually. I became depressed and kind of been out of touch to some of my responsibilities. During the fall I have been doing work for ucsd on one of their condeminium complexes and during that time I have been getting by. I did a lot of change orders for them and they started piling up. I invoiced them at the end of October when the job was done and they basically said what the hell is this? The superintendent just screwed me for all the change orders. I did them in good faith apon verbal agreement was supposed to invoice him at the end and now he says he doesn’t remember all the extra work I did for him. It has been months now try to fight them and get my money. I was counting on that money because I fronted a lot of the job already. I thought ok, I’ll pick something up November and I should be ok. Yeah right! It got worse. All this has taken a toll on my marriage because of stress. I was just about to lose my house, right now I am working with my bank to get everything straightened out. The house is the main reason I have not talked to anyone here on the board. I can’t lose the house because it’s the house I grew up in. I had bought it from my father so I can’t disappoint my parents. It can’t be any worse right? I am starting to pick up small jobs but nothing to that will get my over the hump just yet, a term that I have never used until this year. I have a really good job in three weeks so I am starting to be optimistic.
I have not talked to the boot maker since the week of thanksgivings. Back then he was going to finish the boots and give me an update but with the holidays and the bad time I was having I haven’t called them. I know that they shut down for these weeks so I am sure they’re still not done. I will see if I can get an update for you and a timeline asap.
I am sorry that I have not been more persistent on them as I should but I promise that is going to change. I am not going to let drag on any further.
Hopefully I can restore confidence in you guys soon and I know its all my fault for letting it get this far. I am sorry I let you guys down. I hope that you understand that this has never happened to me and I didn’t know how to handle it but we are going through it.

I was debating wether or not to post all the details of what I have been going through here openly. I was going to chicken out and pm everybody on this project privately, but my friend basically said to me to be honest and address it to the whole TDH.

paul

I'm sorry this happened to you, and I thank you for your honesty. I'm sorry it had to happen the way it did, but I really hope you understand how we all were feeling. It wasn't a personal attack, and I can't speak for everyone, but please know that I don't blame you for this.

hope things start to get better for you paul..it's not good at the moment but things will start to pick up keep at it and you'll get through..we're all behind you bruv

I'm glad that your friend convinced to make this open post, as I'm thankful to have read what has transpired even in spite of not being in on this run... although I had hoped to be.

We all know too well that our personal lives must and do come first. Even I am behind on my own obligations. I also comend you for coming forward and informing all of us here as to why things are progress ( or not progressing ) as slowly as they are. We all understand, but if you didn't say anything, we wouldn't know and imaginations and speculations would run rampant.

So get your affairs in order, and when you're ready, so will all of us here. And perhaps I might even be able to add my "wishlist" for a pair of size 8 Jango boots. ;)

Thanks so much for your honesty and the update. Life is very difficult for many families right now and you need to know that many of us understand the depression and frustration that a person goes thru when they cannot support themselves or their family. Keep the faith and know that your "family" here is pulling for you too.

Jeanne

Hey Paul,

I´m realy sorry to hear that.
Sometimes life realy sucks and it gives you the feeling that it´s getting worse with every day.
But be sure that ther will be better times in the future.

I will pray for you and your family tonight.

Take care of you and your family.

Mike
P.S. When the boots are done, I´m definitly in.

Paul,

Get better. Looking in the black hole in our lives and being able to rebuild is hard to do. Looked in it a few times. Just remember it will work out. The Man upstairs has some sort of plan for use. I wish I knew what is was most of the time. You will also find that just letting people know what is going on will go a long way.

Hey Paul

Defenatly understand and thank you for being honest with us was starting to get worried but am still in for the run when thing get back together, My prays go out to you and hope things get better. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear sir. This is another example of the hard times many, many people are going through in this tumultous economic climate. Thank you for your honesty and candor, we are behind you Paul!

Hey Paul,
This really hurts me reading the things that's been going on
in your life. Many people are going through similiar situation due
to the economy. I really hope things will get better.
God Bless!

"IMPORTANT PM SENT"
(Please respond)

Paul I honestly hope that things improve for you and your family very soon. I am sure that most of us understand what it is like to go through tough times physically, mentally, spiritually, and financially, and those that don't just haven't lived long enough for it to happen to them yet. Thank you for your post and your bravery. I am sorry that you felt like you had to post all this publicly. Just know that we are here for you, and I don't think anyone's feet are getting cold without these boots. :)

Yeah guys I appreciate all the kind words. I understand I have upset you guys and I look forward to completing this project. I let it get like this so its my fault. During these two months I was not on top of this project. It sucks because usally this is what I like doing and for the past few weeks I didn't even want to get on the computer. But since I have been talking to my friend and reading what has been posted has helped out alot.

Paul,Thank you for being truthful and honest and explaining what happened. I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I know how you feel. I was in the same position so I had to tap into my 401k till tax return time.Good luck on your upcoming new job and when you can at least call the boot-maker to see how he is doing with the boots ,since he has not called you yet to say they are done.Don't worry it will get better but just remember true friends are hard to come by so never shut them out or turn your back on them if they are your friends they will understand! no matter what!!!!!:cheersJeff

Paul,
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope things turn around quickly for you and your family. Just know that GOD is always there with you.
Be praying for you brother....

life sucks sometimes , it will get better. trust me.

please keep us posted. those boots will work for the kashyyyk scout as well as jango.

definatley person lives come first and im sure we all understand. im sure you will get back on top of this project when you can, just keep us informed is all any of us asked for paul!

hope things get better bud!

Thanks guys. I am still in struggling right now but I have been in contact with the boot maker and will be straightening things out with him and get the boots done soon.

when everything is straighten out. i would like a pair. and i am posting this and your other thread on the BSN for the people building kashyyyk troopers.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back