ESB Evening Blue

A few days ago my new softparts from debbie arrived ,so i decided to to do some home work research on the EBS blue colour :lol:
After much debate and getting my answer solved, i went along and bought the dye and wanted to show the befor and after colour transformation to you guys who are unsure ..so let me know what ya think ;)

Befor below hehe...

picture.php

And after ... ;)

picture.php

cheers fetts :cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
nicely done, brother!!! (y) i really like that blue, wish i had the guts to try and dye something...still procrastinating on dyeing my girth belt...:facepalm :lol:

This is just a constructive comment, but thats way too blue... I know the debate of blue vs. grey ESB suits rages on, but In my opinion, its not that blue. From the research I've done, a mix of RIT Pearl Grey and evening blue will get you the "correct" ESB suit color. The color should be a light to medium grey, but with a cool, bluish tinge for ESB.

Yeah, I've dyed several flightsuits for people on these boards. I did Grifter's last. I actually got the Evening Blue colour from Ruffkintoy's custom mixture, but I dumbed it down a little because I thought Evening blue was more or less perfect.

BurbankWatch.jpg

Attachments

• BurbankWatch.jpg
    BurbankWatch.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Evening Blue as well (good call, GCN!). I still think I like a little Pearl Grey mixed in as well, just to muddy the mixture a little bit.

I'll have to try that on my next 'suit.

Yeah, I've dyed several flightsuits for people on these boards. I did Grifter's last. I actually got the Midnight Blue colour from Ruffkintoy's custom mixture, but I dumbed it down a little because I thought midnight blue was more or less perfect.

BurbankWatch.jpg

Wait, for the suit pictured you said Midnight Blue was just about perfect, then in your next post you said it's the Evening Blue. Which color is it actually?

Attachments

• BurbankWatch.jpg
    BurbankWatch.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 119
I've used and always suggested "midnight blue" with "Pearl grey". After you've added the battle damage and dirt, it will look darker so don't go too dark before you weather.

here's mine before I sold it.....

color.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back