ESB Evening Blue

looks good i was lucky enough to acquire a pair of overalls from my place of work the exact colour. a few mods are needed but not to shabby for free!! can't post pics at the min my camera is broke

I am going to have to agree with Batninja on this it is a bit way too blue alone.
I use the same Evening Blue with pearl grey for the ESB.
I start from white twill and then dye it.
Midnight blue is to deep of a Blue. Sorry Ben.

I think Rit royal blue, followed up with rit pearl grey, then some sun bleaching + weathering looks pretty good.

picture.php

D

I am going to have to agree with Batninja on this it is a bit way too blue alone.
I use the same Evening Blue with pearl grey for the ESB.
I start from white twill and then dye it.
Midnight blue is to deep of a Blue. Sorry Ben.
That's okay, I forgot to mention that I only used 1/2 the packet of Midnight blue, not the whole thing.

That's a great color Damian! I guess what it boils down too is that you can use any of the colors mentioned above but be sure you keep an eye on your progress. You DO NOT want to end up dying your suit half a dozen times to get the color you want. believe me, if your suit turns purple.......you've got problems.

Exactly Ben!!!!!!!!! The trick is to get just the right combination of blue and grey, and then weather accordingly. Any blue will work if you use the right amount, and then follow it up with teh right ammount of grey, then do the right amount of weathering. For the record, evening blue is a good one to start with!! :) And yeah, I did about a dozen dye baths before i figured out my recipe!!!!!!! LOL
D

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back