MSH help?Metal ear/stalk probs.

Lee27

Active Hunter
Guys,

I bought this MSH from a member here about 3 months ago for quite a hefty price,and there are a few things that are bugging me.Firstly could someone please let me know what helmet i acutally have and who made the metal ears? are they machined or cast ali? Also,im having a problem with the right upper ear cap being way out of line with the stalk leaving a huge gap between both ear pieces? do i need to get the ear piece grinded or a new stalk etc?Im looking to upgrade to a working range finder and stalk and yes i know i need a new paintjob done;)I should have done more homework before diving in like this.The more i go along with this helmet,the more things i find ive got to do.Even the key slots werent cut out:wacko for £200 sterling i was hoping they would be,but hey ho.Im just hoping i didnt pay too much for this.My first impression when i recevied it was one of enjoyment,but as time has gone on its starting to be more of a pain in the rear!

Advice and help would be much appreciated!

Lee

Attachments

• bobalid.bmp
    697.6 KB · Views: 426
  • bobalid2.bmp
    691.9 KB · Views: 381
  • fettlid3.bmp
    711.6 KB · Views: 384
Last edited by a moderator:
Lee the last photo is not working for me? And I cant see the problem from the other two. Can you explain further or post some more/better photos?

Hey Lee I have sent a reply to your email bruv... ;)
As you know you have a hybrid paint job ROTJ upper and ESB lower.

And first impressions is that the stalk is too wide for the upper ear sections, and something funky happening at the top where it connects to the RF. :facepalm

I can't tell if thats my aluminum ear set. I produced a bunch of billet machined aluminum ear sets, but that is not my stalk. Is the outer ear pc. over the stalk held on by a magnet, and guided on by two small dowel pins?

Can you send me a pic of the inside of that pcs that doesn't fit over the stalk?
I may be able to help.

send pics to maxxius8 (at) aol (dot) com

James in Texas:)

It's hard to tell from those pics, but the large dent, and flat back lead me to think that it is a MSH. That's the original Movie Sized Helmet from Nathan. And if the cast is around a 1/4" thick, I'd say you have one and it is a great helmet. It just needs a better paint job. I have no idea about the ears, the MSH came with a plastic set. And the RF stalk could be from RA (Ritchie's Armor). Does the seller not know which ears are on it?

-Ryan

Robby,the pic should work now mate:)

Gav,got your email mate,will let you know when i need the darts etc AFTER finally received me knees;)

I just want to clarify that this thread was started moreso because im an impatient git,and i was losing my rag-worst mistake ever when building a Fett costume i suppose.I know that i got a decent buy after thinking about it,but a few things have bugged me.I do love the helmet but wanted to know why the various things i mentioned were not on this helmet.The Stalk is my biggest worry though,i reckon im going to have to order a new one preferably with a working rangerfinder.the keyslots i can live with and will change later,but the ear and stalk is my main priority.

BTW is Natty still making helmets? Id like to see more pics of this helmet with a better paintjob etc.Ive been told this is one of only 20 of this lid,and only 1 of 3 with metal ears too.

Thanks for the help guys.

Lee

Here are a couple of pics of a MSH-1 I painted about a year or so ago. I don't know who owns it now, but it is a great sculpt. Natty quit making the MSH helmets quite a few years ago. Fettpride took over the MSH series and refined the MSH-1 sculpt, producing the MSH-2. For a time these were the 'Holy Grail' of Fett Buckets until he sold the -2 molds and produced the current FPH bucket which is more accurate in size to the actual movie used helmet. The MSH-2 is still my favorite of the Fett buckets and I'll give up a kidney before I get rid of mine.:D

Cnv0008.jpg

Cnv0009.jpg

Cnv0011.jpg

Cnv0012.jpg

Cnv0016.jpg

Cnv0017.jpg

Comparison Pic.JPG

the marrow sun helmet had optional ear pieces impregnated with aluminum powder that when polished gave them an aluminum look, when I get access to cargo hold you'll see them in unpolished state on my unbuilt helmet

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back