ESB vest/neckseal different colors

BobaFettSlave1

Active Hunter
just a quick question/observation. is the ESB vest an different darker color ant the lighter Grey neck seal? i know lighting plays a big trick with the color on these things. especially in the promo shots. but i found some parts of the vest next to the neck seal & the vest looks very much to be a different color added pics from different lighting situations.

vest1.PNG

vest2.PNG

It does look lighter, I believe LSFU offers her neckseals with the Tackle Twill upside down for the lighter colour if it's requested.

This is definitely not a lighting issue. The neck seal and vest are slightly different colors. The neck seal is more white, and the vest is more grayish. I pointed this out a while back in a thread about the collar studs being white or silver using a still from the torture chamber scene. Here is a still from the 'cargo hold' scene with exaggerated saturation to make the difference in tones more obvious. It looks to me like the neck seal was a separate piece that was tucked under the neck line of the vest, like TK409's setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the MoM costume and the neck is more like the gloves, the white part of the gloves wich has the same fabric of the vest.

Hiya BobaFettSlave_1,

I also make the neckseal separate from the vest. I also now offer it attached, but, it is a separate piece and I handsew it onto the vest, so that is keeps the screen accurate look, but is a bit more convenient. On the screen used suit, the neckseal is actually attached to the flightsuit as a collar. There is a good pic of this suit on at least one of my threads, and various places around TDH.You may want to search around.

I normally make my neckseal and vest with the shiny side of the tackle twill out. Color is so very subjective and highly debated. Most people also weather their costume, in order to get the exact color and color differences that they consider "screen accurate".

If I can help, send a PM. ;)

This is definitely not a lighting issue. The neck seal and vest are slightly different colors. The neck seal is more white, and the vest is more grayish. I pointed this out a while back in a thread about the collar studs being white or silver using a still from the torture chamber scene. Here is a still from the 'cargo hold' scene with exaggerated saturation to make the difference in tones more obvious. It looks to me like the neck seal was a separate piece that was tucked under the neck line of the vest, like TK409's setup.

Whoa...good eye. I never caught that in the other pics. I stand corrected. (y)

-Joe

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back