BM jango stuff

Musashi

New Hunter
Iv heard alot of great things about bobamakers stuff, but i havent seen alot of pictures of his jango helmets and armor. Does anyone have pictures or info on his jango stuff?

There is a picture of my BM cold cast chest armor floating around in a thread somewhere. If I find it I'll post it. It's in an armor attaching thread I think.

Bobamaker.co.uk. Not sure on the Jango, but I would assume it will be top quality as is the Boba stuff.

Apparently the origins of his helmet are of a screen used version. Thats what the site says at least. Seeing bms work up close just confirms that his work is of a professional quality.

Iv heard alot of great things about bobamakers stuff, but i havent seen alot of pictures of his jango helmets and armor. Does anyone have pictures or info on his jango stuff?

OK - I haven't had time to take any photos of my Jango display yet... bad light down in the basement, where the mannequin resides currently... BUT:

I own a set of BM's Jango chest/shoulder armor, as well as his Jango vest and flightsuit. I am very happy with all the pieces. Check out BM's website - you'll see that the chest armor was based off of an ILM-cast piece... so, the scale and proportions of the other pieces should be very close to the real deal.... at least in my humble optinion, Daz/BM did a wonderful job, matching the other parts of the armor. Sculpting/prototyiping is excellent and the resulting cold-cast aluminum castings are unbelievable clean and perfect.

When I received my Jango armor, I was impressed w/ the overall production quality and the professional way, Daz handles his business. I received all the pieces I had ordered - ON TIME - and the quality was exactly what I was hoping for.

I can't say enough good things about the quality of Daz's CC aluminum castings - very impressive - and the reason why I ended up putting in an order for one of his CC aluminum-cast Jango helmets. I already own an ILM-cast Jango helmet currently - but - it's not cold-cast... so, I figured, the BM Jango helmet will definitely be an improvement over my old helmet... especially since the BM helmet also originated from an ILM-cast Jango helmet.

I am also very pleased w/ the BM Jango vest and the flightsuit. Yes - the vest is pricier than other options out there, but it is made from leather and it's pretty accurate as far as the pattern goes... and as far as I can tell... I wish, the leather used would have been a different type of leather/hide - but - I'm picky about that kind of stuff and overall, the vest still looks right...

I ended up adjusting the color of the vest/leather slightly and I also ended up custom dyeing the flightsuit a few times over (accurate color on the flightsuit is so subjective - I kind of kept chasing my own tail...) - but in the end, I am quite happy with all my BM Jango pieces. Usually, I tend to go more for super-accurate stuff... the BM Jango pieces are pretty accurate, but not perfect/hard-core... it seems that Daz is (successfully) trying to strike a balance between accuracy, a slightly idealized look and wearablity/practicality - which I am perfectly OK with in this particular case for some reason.

It's good stuff. Not exactly cheap... but - as usual - you get what you pay for: the good stuff always costs extra... and it's obvious, that Daz puts in many hours to produce these pieces. Quality work always has its price... and takes some time - so, don't panic, if BM quotes you a delivery date that seems to be too far out... patience will be rewarded in this case. As I am saying this, I am chomping at the bit - to receive my Jango helmet... only a few more months... arghhhh...

Last edited by a moderator:
My BM Jango Stuff is supurb! I have all his current CC pieces except for helmet. And currently I have his Jango Flightsuit on order. My intent is to replace my current armor with BM CC as he comes out with new parts

I have some BM stuff for my Jango; in fact I have all the Jango items he offers on his website ;) Including the very impressive bucket.

BM not only delivers on time, but his stuff is very good. Check out 'Dutch Jango on its way' for some pics.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back