My MOW jet pack

BobaWookie

Jr Hunter
My MOW jetpack

A couple of month ago I had the opportunity to purchase MOW jet pack which was recommended by some of the members here.I believe that after going through the time to slowly built up my boba fett costume,this was my most expensive purchase so far.But all in all,it was worth the money as the jet pack was perfect when it arrived.With a perfect pack I thought to myself that I should do a near perfect paint job.Since I was new here I didn't have the time to go through the tutorial but only by reference pics which was available to me at that time.I found ROTJ paint job such a challenge but very fulfilling when completed.What about ESB paint job compare to ROTJ?Please share your experience.

171208 017.jpg

I have painted a couple of jet packs myself.
A quality ROTJ is far more difficult than a quality ESB
of course, both paintjobs can be done easily, but it'll show as inaccurate

A good paintjob is well worth the extra effort
It's the largest part of the costume, so make it something you'll be proud to wear

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100% !!!

I have painted a couple of jet packs myself.
A quality ROTJ is far more difficult than a quality ESB
of course, both paintjobs can be done easily, but it'll show as inaccurate

A good paintjob is well worth the extra effort
It's the largest part of the costume, so make it something you'll be proud to wear

I recently done & posted my almost complete MOW ROTJ jet pack & the feedback I got was very helpful.What I see on my paint job are different from you guys see whose been doing this for years & thanks again for rectifying my mistakes.Only need to add the beacon & stabilizer & wait for my jet pack hooks.-------BW

251208 020.jpg

251208 019.jpg

I do not know all the fine details of the ROTJ pack because I'm working on an ESB. But... That is a fantastic job that you have done there it looks incredible. I even pulled out my Visual Dictionary and compared it to your pack and it is almost an exact match. I hope mine is at least half as nice when complete.(y)

Amazing paint job. ROTJ paint jobs seem much more difficult than the ESB jet packs. Very elaborate.

-Joe

I guess ESB & ROTJ packs are both great,just like a ferrari & a mercedes(love both of them..hehe).Here in my side of the world,we don't have star wars museum or road shows but I was fortunate to find a website from stormtrooperguy with tons of Boba Fett reference pics.As I am working on my ROTJ pack,I find it very useful with all the close-up pics.Thanks again guys.

Finally finished my MOW ROTJ jet pack & after this I guess I will be ready to apply for the 501st Legion membership within Asian region outpost.Will be upgarding over the times for that perfect Boba Fett costume & no other place to look than TDH.

BW

270109 055.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back