any1 know where to find diy instructions 4 R2 unit

adonian

Active Hunter
hey all, does anyone know where I can find a diy on an R2, not a functional 1 of course, just a static prop for my theater (living room) I wanna make aR2, a HIC and a Fett, already have HIC head and Jeremy face cast is on the way. Have made a few Light Saber props, just wanna have a Star Wars room ya know.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's really cool!!! I shouldn't be, but I'm amazed that they have a site for astromech droids...lol; if they have a site for mandos, I guess anythings possible!!!:lol:lol::lol:

ps- just joined the astromech.net site...lol:D

There is a site for everyone... Be it Ghostbusters, droids, predators or mandos. There is even a yahoo group dedicated to WALL-e, created over a year before the movie was released!

Sure thing!

Everyone should join up... R2 building is the best (excluding Fetts I should say). :)

I'm gonna try to start 1, but it'll be a slow go project I see that the dome is the hardest part to source or most expensive:confused

Hi A'den, see you found another of my posts:lol:cheers

oh, I found a dome for my astromech...
http://www.amazon.com/Aspects-Super..._1_27?ie=UTF8&s=garden&qid=1231092126&sr=1-27
gotta get it, then a pvc body, so the body is gonna be the most expensive part... like $100 shipped. Not going for screen acurate anyway gonna do custom (see my Mando bucket to know I like custom)

Hi A'den, see you found another of my posts:lol:cheers

Not going for screen acurate anyway gonna do custom (see my Mando bucket to know I like custom)

lol...yep :cheers. i'm doing a custom astromech also...same colors as my mando. adonian, i dont know if you noticed, but asok joined astromech.net the other day. looks like a lot of mandos are gonna have astros!!!

lol...yep :cheers. i'm doing a custom astromech also...same colors as my mando. adonian, i dont know if you noticed, but asok joined astromech.net the other day. looks like a lot of mandos are gonna have astros!!!
Well, we can always use an extra set of eyes when were on the hunt

Adonian, I'd highly recommend upgrading from that aspects dome. They have become basically obsolete in the droid building world....

Accurately shaped and sized domes are now available for under $100 for the first time. http://astromech.net/?q=node/189

XLNT info :eek:, thanks.
This is perfect, just gotta hide the price from the wifey ;) I'll just show her the amazon price. 8)

I tried to sign up, But the "do you speak" Star Wars question stumped me. No matter what I put.... strang I would have thought my answers were right:confused

type in the second word in the sentence "Artoo Detoo Astromech Droid"

just did it and it work keep it all lowercase:)

Try an 18 inch birdfeeder dome for the dome and an 18 inch concrete form tube (fancy for cardboard tube) and then add greeblies and attatch legs and so on. :p

Hi everyone. I'm new and excited to join. I hoping i can get some help with this phrase. for some reason im having trouble. it's for astromech.net ". its driving me crazy!!!!! does anyone know the answer? I should have asked at wondercom but it was jammed packed today.
Artoo Detoo Astromech Droid

Enter the second word in this phrase "Artoo Detoo Astromech Droid". It is case sensitive. Remote existing content first.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back