Jango LED range finder sizing?

Bobby Fett UK

Well-Known Hunter
Hi guys, can anyone give me the location and size of the led lights to the top of the range finder, or are they the same as Boba?

Cheers all. :cheers

There aren't real LED's on Jango's RF, just bumps. But if you wanted to use some, they would be blue and probably the same size as Boba's.

Hi guys, can anyone give me the location and size of the led lights to the top of the range finder, or are they the same as Boba?

Cheers all. :cheers

Sorry, I may have been the one to open the can of worms on this one, since it seemed to make sense, at least in my mind, to install actual working LED's into my BKBT Jango helmet when I built my suit a few years ago, only Blue as opposed to Red like in Boba's Helmet. I mean really if you think about it, we know from the original Fett helmets, that they were working LED's and years later with all the advanced digital special effects, they either figured they'd add them in later if needed or it's just another prequel trilogy detail inconsistency! Also, along the same line of thinking, The range finder arm on the ILM helmet is locked in place, but you actually see the range finder move back into the up right position right after Jango fires his jet pack rocket @ Obi-Wan during the fight scene on Kamino, then you see that it's again in the down position when he's dragging him around the landing platform! So technically the RF is supposed to move up and down as well, just like the original Boba helmets, not just be locked into the up right position. So if you have a RF servo installed into the helmet or atleast a movable range finder, it's actually still correct to the overall intention of the helmet.

The thing is with having these suits and building them for public appearences, is that they almost have to be better than the screen used costumes, because nothing can be hidden, the film crew can't strategically light where your standing at any given moment and there surely won't be any special effects added afterwards in post production! :lol: So in order to help make the suit more believable and help suspend disbelief from your audience, the addition of voice amps, smoking jet pack exhausts, working range finders and RF top LED's all add to the overall impression made!

So with that said man, if you want to go and add some LED's, go ahead and do it, it sure makes it a heck of alot more fun to troop, for both you and your audience! (y)

:cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back