Has anyone ever done their own lightsaber duel?

I believe what was used in the actual SW movies by LucasArts was a Carbon Fiber blade in the handles and they rotoscoped over the carbon fiber. I picked mine up from Random Sabers for $12 a piece.

Yup! I read that not to long ago. Carbon fiber duelng rods. I did some research, and UltraSabers has a series called the E series, very basic design hilts that are made to be durable. You can get a double bladed saber, Luxeon LEDs, heavy dueling blade for $100, a single for $50. Not bad at all for those who are heavy practicers. I'm gonna pick myself up a red double :) People get these and then modify the hilts to look how the want since they are plain and easily moddable. Pretty cool I thought

El1te

here's my question, where do you get the foley sounds for the lightsabers?

You can use the MR sounds from there, Ultrasound 2.0, There is something called the Crystal Focus by Plecter Labs, I don't know much about it but I think you can put different sounds in and what not. Hyperdyne may have a soundboard as well too. I am not sure, I am still new to the whole Lightsaber hobby heh.

El1te

After effects is so expensive, FXHome can do it for like $200, and I think (could be wrong) Premiere Elements can do it. If you get elements (if it can do it) get V7, NOT V4, 7 can handle AVCHD while 4 cannot (bad luck for me) I only shoot in AVCHD.
Here's a pic (or 2) of the start of a PVC Saber I made for like $2.00. 1" inner diameter so you can get a stunt blade and either paint 1 blue and the other green (easier to edit) or what ever.
I know that my sabers need knobs and weathering, and will do that, but for video, perfection is not necessary, only for display.
I also made a staff for my Jedi Security officer.

saber.jpg

saber2.jpg

staff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As for Sound FX, google 'em and DL, then mix them in post process.
For good tips on editing, look on youtube and look up videomaker (the magazine) they offer tons of free advise or indymogule, lots of effects tutorials, like kill bill eyeball pull etc.

http://lsmaker.uw.hu/page.php
FREE lightsaber maker^

also for cheap stunt sabers try http://www.ultrasabers.com/

$2? That looks pretty good! :) I like it :D

BTW adonian, Ultra Sabers is awesome. I ordered a phantom double bladed saber from them for sparring/practicing. Red of course ;) Gotta live up to Darth Maul heh.

El1te

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back