Anyone else pissed about lack of MC boots??

The impression I got was that these might be IT. It seemed difficult to scrape the list of, what, 25 or so interested parties at what comparatively is a pretty stiff price. I don't speak for MC but I would assume that if he makes them again it won't be until another list of similarly committed buyers can be assembled.

I'm glad I have mine already *phew*

Phil

well u no uss Okielahuma pepill kant spill 2 will u no? Until you actually accept the fact that the prop industry world doesnt revolve around you ghostdevil, dont speak out of line. These people are doin this for you, so dont bitch and moan.

{shhhhh, knock it off, here he comes}

-BobaFettish enters the room and clears his throat-

Are we having problems playing nicely again, boys? :facepalm I was trying to refrain from jumping in on this topic, but tempers are starting to flare. I won't speak for MC or make excuses for any delays he may be experiencing. He is a TDH member, and he can post that info here if he chooses. I would like everyone to refrain from letting their frustrations cause them to garner a bad reputation here. Other prop makers read these threads and quickly decide who they won't sell to so they can avoid this type of attention in the event they miss a deadline too. Comprende'?

I am not going to jump on any body's side here but i understand where ghostdevil is coming from. i also am very impatient.( RA can attest to that ) One thing i have learned in my life is simply this if you are making something and realistically it will take four weeks you tell the consumer six weeks that way if its done in four he/she is extra happy if it takes more your safe. "but that's just my opinion i could be wrong"

Well first of all, I'll ignore the tit-for-tat that LOBH is trying to start and instead focus on two other things said:

1)I'm not garnering a bad reputation. I'm the FIRST one to post about how much I appreciate good service (see my post on RPF re: my MB jet pack which I got very quickly, and loved. I think it's a bit silly to say just because I am bitching about a month without any word from a vendor, I'm garnering a bad reputation.

2)No one is "doing this for me". I PAID the man 200 dollars. If he freely GAVE me the boots I wouldn't say word one -- I never look a gifthorse in the mouth. But this isn't some sort of freebie -- I paid for 3 month turnaround, I should GET 3 month turnaround, regardless of him, me, you, etc.

-gd

There have been very strong points made here by the varying "factions". It appears as though gd's only beef is about the time frame involved being different than what he was initially quoted. He doesn't make an issue of price, quality or anything else. Seems agreeable to all that. However, there is a perceived hostility nevertheless(One only need look as far as the title). Let's not fall to biting each other like starving dogs in a frenzy. We're all on the same side in this hobby. It looks as though there will be a bit of a wait, no matter how frustrating it may be. Let's not keep poking this with a stick, shall we?

First of all I like to apologize to everyone for the lack of updates.

GhostDevil has every right to be upset. I am not delivering as promised. I said it would take 3 months and it's taken longer. I did take some orders in September. According to my words it should have been in his hands by now.

Here is the current situation.
The boots ideally take 3 months to make if no one flakes and I make the appropriate steps to make payment on time.

The boots cost so much to make that I can't afford to do it in one step. I need to do it in two payments.

That's no excuse for keeping you guys in the dark though.

That is why it is difficult to do these. I don't get enough customers to merit a batch. I have to get them made in large batches. The factory I use to deal with didn't wan to put my boots on top priority because they deal with shoes in the 1,000's I only did them at 100 at a time. I couldn't afford to do more and that was the minimum I had to order them. I can't do 50 pairs here and there. I don't get a real date of arrival from the vendor until I a month and a half into when I sart the batch. Then they wait for me to make the second payment. I try to have the second payment by the time they contact me, but sometimes it's very difficult. A lot of folks flake and I end up working overtime to make ends meet. Vendor doesn't ship me the boots until I get that second payment in.

Because of the difficulty this will most likely be my last batch.

The main hickup in this latest batch is that I haven't ordered a new batch in such a long time that my vendor switched factories on me. The vendor didn't know that factory wouldn't be able to make the boot anymore until they got no reply from them. So the hunted out a new factory which required me to resend a sample boot. I had difficulty finding a sample boot, because I don't have a pair on hand. I thought everything would be straigten out before the 3 months deadline, but it didn't happen. The new factory maybe able to make the changes I couldn't get from the old factory though. I will probably have pictures of the new boot in two weeks hopefully with also a more definate date of arrival. Because my vendor was late in informing me of the factory change they will make it a priority to get the batch done ASAP. To be honest I really don't know what that means yet. No date until two weeks from now hopefully. I will have a more definate date when the new sample boot is sent.

I am very sorry to all who have waited so long. I'm am going to make a greater effort to reorganize and streamline the process. Because of the difficulty I don't think I will be able to do the bouny hunter boots in a timely fashion anymore.

I thank you all very much for your patience. I will e-mail all in two weeks when I get word.

Thank you and have a good New Year,
Mark Cheng
cheng2@cox.net

Were these boots something you had to have signed up for beforehand, or is it possible for me to acquire a pair at this late date? I'm sorry...I would have placed an order back in--what was it, September, October?--but I just decided to make a costume in December. I've heard very good things about these boots, though. It'd kill me to know that this was my last chance and I missed it.

Factions? FACTIONS?!? HOLY CRAP! First it was the invention of the stupid "Team Whatever" and now we have "factions"?!? Are we this desperate to find ways to divide ourselves up and rip ourselves asunder? What the hell is going on here?!?

Last I looked we still have a LOT of unresolved Fett issues and a lot of research left to do. Anyone have a perfect suit yet or have ALL the answers? I sure as hell know I don't.

Seems in the past few months we have somewhat lost sight of the fact that we are ALL on the same team (yes, even the Zam enthusiasts) and that we are all working towards the same goal. Let's put some of the more petty differences aside, stop rehashing things that have been talked to death and start moving forward! Now who wants to sit around and bitch and fight and who wants to get this show on the road again and be a part of something productive?

Please note: My ranting has nothing to do with MC's timely shipping or lack there of but in how the members of the forum have begun to treat each other. State your point and move on. There is nothing to be gained from taking such aggresive stands except hurt feeling and resentment.

Sorry, Brak's. "Factions" was my word, as I couldn't think of a less divisive term. Blame me for that one. Thanks for saying bluntly what many of us were thinking.

EDIT; And "factions" only referred to the stance on the footwear schedule. In no way did it reflect on "teams", which I believe is a healthy, and harmless, distraction which leads each costumer into improving their outfit.

I'm not sure what the teams had to do with this, it was something that I came up with as a joke that most of us all had fun with??

I hope that MegalomaniacalMandalores edit helps clear that up?? Thanks man...

MM, not jumping on you in particular. It just seems that things have really begun to degenerate when it comes to any thread in which there is a disagreement. Instead of discussing things it seems that people are more interested in discreditting each other's opinion.

WPK, the "teams" joke started off innocently enough but it has grown into a fiasco that seems to be brought up in almost every post! I personally have seen it go from good clean fun to nasty and biting remarks. Just seems like a lot of effort is wasted on trying to prove something that doesn't need proving. The fact of the matter is that no Fett is better than another and I am sure you all know that. However there continue to be post after post going on and on about how ESB Fett sucks because of his drab colors or how RotJ Fett is dorky because of his circus colored jet pack or how Jango is lame because he just stood there while a Jedi beheaded him. It just gets very old and is pointless. Yes, I am ranting. I know. I just would love to see the unending energy expended in those posts refocused on our goal of creating the ultimate Fett suit. If we spent as much time, as a board, trying to complete our suits as we do trying to tell everyone else why their particular flavor of Fett sucks, LFL would be asking to hire us all for Ep 2.5, the Return of the Mandalore... ;)

tteF aboB, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Please PM me with more details.

When some one tries to get something for others people should be happy they are trying. In this hobbies it takes time. Some get all mad and pissy because the paid some money and then it takes longer. Just be happy that the person is there to help, If you want it faster make it yourself. This is a hobby NOT a company and people need to realize that. Just because people take money does not mean they are a company. Treat them like the person they are. Companies have the money to get large orders and have customers service centers to deal with problems. When you are dealing with a member most of the time that person has to do EVERYTHING..emails, keep track of who's paid, who has not, make or contact the place for the item, buy materials, pack and ship, answer questions, have a job to pay for living- have a life. It just makes me mad how people do treat others when if we all could be face to face at least once a week it would be different. Remember we all share one thing in common here we Love star wars...
Lets not forget that and take a deep breath and treat everyone like the brother or sister they are.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back