Battlefront III renders, includes BH

Katua Fett

Active Hunter
So not sure if this is new to anyone else, I was reading on xbox360fanboy that a former Free Radical employee named Richard Smith, uploaded renders created for the game. The renders include Han Solo and Sahra The Bounty Hunter. Which IMO would make a great suit for the females.
Sadly the company laid off 75 percent of the company (n)
So heres to hoping they find jobs.

battlefront3_01-2.jpg

battlefront3_04.jpg

battlefront3_03.jpg

I read somewhere it was either postponed or dropped due to studio X buying studio Y, and "reshaping" (or whatever they call it now-a-days) publisher Z.

It's a shame. Ghostbusters is in the same predicament. I've been looking forward to that game too, but when companies buy each other and move all the personnel around, projects get stalled, forgotten, or dropped. Even ones with a big fan base.

Oh man, I absolutely love the battlefront games, but also enjoyed the force unleashed...

When I heard that Lucasarts fired the guys behind TFU shortly after release, I was in awe. They have too large of a fan base behind Battlefront to just drop it like that... IDK

I havn't found anything yet as to whether the game is still going on, but it was announced sometime in 2006... (I believe) which also surprised me because I hadn't heard of it until reading this post! :wacko

But I for one think they should continue with its development... make sure Boba's in it!!!! (Like they would forget him...)

It's a shame. Ghostbusters is in the same predicament. I've been looking forward to that game too, but when companies buy each other and move all the personnel around, projects get stalled, forgotten, or dropped. Even ones with a big fan base.

That one looks awesome, and although Battlefront was a great game, another KOTOR would be better, and not the planned MMO

Heh, thing about the Battlefront games is there is A LOT going on at once. One thing Ive learned in the gaming industry is that every poly counts so in games like this, they sacrifice modeling and make up for it in texturing. When you have 100s of rebels and imperials running around, its tough to get every detail in there without loosing performance. For how battlefront is played, I think the models are great. I always admired good textures heh texturing is probably my biggest weakness.

El1te

I remember when I used to do work on SimCity 4 doing game models, most of them were just boxes with textures, haha. I loved making things as accurate as I could, but high poly counts killed rendering times, so they always had to be cut down.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back