Paint Template order

First off, sorry to start another thread concerning thisbut wasn't sure if the sticky one was the proper place to ask.

Now then, when it comes to the paint templates, what order should one go? I was considering painting my bucket silver, then masking off the silver areas. Then what color comes next? I was planning on starting with the left rear section.

Hey bud,

If you are using the CD templates then I assumed that they were in order that he suggested - Rear right section = Bright Chrome / Dull Metal / Reefer Grey / Concrete then RLM73
This is all layered of course... ;)

Sounds like you're planning to do a "layered" paintjob.
There are 2 main types of adding the damage to the helmet; layered and topical.
If you search for those terms, you'll see some different opinions about what people think is better.
If you go layered, you sort of do the whole helmet all at once. Like you said, after the silver coat, mask all those areas, then do the gray. Once that's done, you mask the silver and gray and move on to the other colors.
I'm more of a topical guy, so I'm sure there are other painters who could share what order they like to lay down their colors. (y)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back