And So It Begins ........**UPDATED PIC ** 2-10-03

Thanks a lot, very informative!

Next question!:lol: What is scotchbright? (I'm in Sweden) is it some kind of steel wool? I used a kind of plastic wool to even out the paints on my ROTJ bucket, worked pretty good.

Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Argh! Damn this helmet looks cool! It'll be hard (if not impossible) to top this..
Great work, Chris! This is without doubt the best i've seen
yet:)

I just got my Movie sized helmet a couple of days ago and i cannot wait to get started on it!

Again, awsome job!
-Mikael

journeymanprotector - Thanks man ;) All else is coming along ok I suppose. Between the painting, and the gauntlets/armor, I havn't had alot of time for much else. But I should be able to get into at least a partial costume pic in a couple of weeks with the Ver. 2.0 suit.

Ego - All great questions ... I'm sorry I didn't think to add them. I would wait 48 hours before lightly buffing with the pad between layers. Do the helmet in quadrants. Do all the purple/burgandy/plum stuff, then after a couple of days, do the grays, then after a couple of days, the silvers, ect. (as an example).

STEVE THE SWEDE - Steve, not a stupid question at all. And actually I should have been more specific. There are the sanding pads, and then there are the scouring pads. The ones I used are the LIGHT scouring pad type, not the sanding sponges. 3M makes them, I just get them at my local variety/hardware store.

Defiler - Thanks !

micke - Thanks Micke, but you're too kind. To coin a phrase, "There's always a bigger fish" :D

You're a fine artist yourself, you'll do yours justice I'm sure ;)

BobaFettish - Nooooooooooo ! Not the sponges :lol: Seriously, not the sponge type. The scouring pads ;) Crap, I hope nobody tried the sanding pads yet :facepalm

BOBA PHAT - You betcha man ! I apologize for not being more of a help earlier on in my stay here with TDH. I've just been soo !#@!$# busy, I can't usually see straight :lol:

Here's a newer progress pic. The lighting cannot be replicated of course, wich covers alot of the detail on the original, that appears on mine. But it's there. I swear, I have sprung eyes to prove it. Unfortunately I can't put my eyes in a sling :( But, If I don't get a life soon, I know what will be :lol:

I still have the "Dent" quadrant to do, and I have to fix the trajectory of the white scratch underneath the dent, but otherwise, it's getting there.

Oh, BTW - here's when you might start noticing some of the modifications I have made to the shape of the bucket ....there are quite a few, and will be more evident after I post pics at different angles. I will go into a little bit more as to what these mods are, and why I've made them in the future.

pubimage.asp

Hey one quick question... does that left ear cap (the one without the RF) look huge compared
to the real thing as far as thickness??

Well Paid Killer wrote:

Hey one quick question... does that left ear cap (the one without the RF) look huge compared
to the real thing as far as thickness??

:lol:

Yep, it looks a bit thick, don't it ;) Awe shucks, I'm not that anal about it :lol:

You're a tuff cookie man, ya had to go and find somthin :lol:

fettpride wrote:

Awe shucks, I'm not that anal about it :lol:

Ha ha ha ha... where the hell do you think I get it from!!!:)
That might be one of the more funny things I've ever heard out of you!
******* LIER *******

fettpride wrote:

Yep, it looks a bit thick, don't it ;) Awe shucks, I'm not that anal about it :lol:

:lol:!

All I can say is if Jango had all these darn scratches and colors I'd just say screw it! I'm making my own scratches. Once again, I am so amazed at how close to the real thing this looks. Truly awesome!

:eek:
Truly awe-inspiring! Man that's just...can't even find the words...it's just getting so close to the original!

You have all made me very proud, all of you new warriors of Boba Fett painting perfection!

I will leave the mantle for Fett to you guys now, as you've definately earned it with all of your hard work and research.

Currently, I'm working on a new project, something that in the past has had only moderate attention given to it:

Screen accurate USCM Colonial Marine Armor. (it's something different for me, at least) :)

Pics soon...

motorfish wrote:

You have all made me very proud, all of you new warriors of Boba Fett painting perfection!

I will leave the mantle for Fett to you guys now, as you've definately earned it with all of your hard work and research.

The only helmets I see posted in this thread are Fettprides... And to be honest its hard to lump his work in with the
rest of ours!! Quite frankly we are all awaiting our syllabus to start the Fettpride painting workshop 101!!

motorfish wrote:

Currently, I'm working on a new project, something that in the past has had only moderate attention given to it:

Screen accurate USCM Colonial Marine Armor. (it's something different for me, at least) :)

Pics soon...

Oh no!! Another interest!! I could get sucked into that outfit too! And might as well throw in a Starship Troopers outfit!! I've got custom 1/6th versions of both...

:D

Good to hear you've still got your hands involved in film props!

:)

Well, just when I thought that my 3rd (or was it 4th) completion of my Boba was finished, I gotta turn around and re-build with FP items. Although, as much as you guys may hate me for it, I'm still keeping my DP deluxe.
Now if Chris would only work on a perfect jet pack!! :) Although, I'm sure he's already thought of it... ;)

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back