Preferred Rattlecan colors ESB Armor?

Timmer

Active Hunter
Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a nice Holiday Season!

I know paint ???'s come up a lot, but here I go anyway...

I've read through many threads but have not seen a list of rattlecan colrs for the ESB armor and JP, I only saw helmet colors and a lot of ROTJ stuff.

If you could post your preferred list, or any links, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Timmer

Rustoleum satin spruce green is what i use for ESB.Follow it with some black misting.I like to spray a thin layer of Wal-mart kelly green here and there before the satin spruce just to liven it up a little bit.
For Gauntlets I stick with just the spruce, and weathering.

Hobbylinc has a 3oz enamel spray of Medium Green that I used for mine that seems to be really good... that was some grimey black looks pretty good.

Hobbylinc has a 3oz enamel spray of Medium Green that I used for mine that seems to be really good... that was some grimey black looks pretty good.

That's not the right color! I know because I did the same thing four years ago. That color is Testor's Medium Green, which is nowhere close to the Polly Scale US Medium Green.

Rustoleum Spruce Green is remarkably close to the Polly version of US Med Green. But I have seen a lot of camo trucks that have a much better color on them. Take a look at some camo greens to see if there's one you like.

-Ryan

Thanks everyone.

What about the shoulders, are those colors a matter of personal preference and a good eye, or are there commonly used colors?

I appreciate all of your input.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Caterpillar Yellow (like the construction equipment) is a good base for the shoulders. If you can't find that, I've found a similar color sold as pavement striping. Make sure you mist the knees and left shoulder bell with some orange. Pumpkin orange and Mango are good, but really any basic to light orange should be fine.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, I work for the Highway Dept. in my town and I know exactly the "CAT" yellow you mean. I think we have some of that color in storage as well as a few shades of orange and safety yellow.

Much appreciated.

Rustoleum satin spruce green is what i use for ESB.Follow it with some black misting.I like to spray a thin layer of Wal-mart kelly green here and there before the satin spruce just to liven it up a little bit.
For Gauntlets I stick with just the spruce, and weathering.

i do the exact same thing with my armor and gauntlets!! love the look i get with the kelly green misted in with the spruce green for the armor...(y)

Thanks Drache, I might look in my local Tractor Supply Company store, they carry brand specific paints there too.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back