I found Vader in The Phantom Menace!

cr4nky

Hunter
I don´t know if this has been seen or posted before, so I´ll go ahead.

I was watching TPH today and suddenly noticed that when you see out of the sub Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Jar Jar use from Gungan city, you see the eyes from the inside of Vaders mask...

Check it!

DSC_0036.jpg

I never seen it before either... but of course I had my eyes shut 3/4 the way through that movie....what an awful,awful, movie...lol

Whats the Phantom Menace? Is that like a fan-film or something?

:lol: :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe... NOt one of my favorites either. But, hey, when my 2 year old son asks if we can watch Star Wars for the first time, it's a good place to start :)

Hehe... NOt one of my favorites either. But, hey, when my 2 year old son asks if we can watch Star Wars for the first time, it's a good place to start :)
no no, when he asks to watch star wars you start him at episode 4. just like the rest of us started there. no need to make him hate star wars before he gets into it.

Plus if you start with Ep1 then there is no supprise for him when he finds out who Vader really is, and what not. You probally don't remember but when you first saw Empire you were probally shocked and afraid when Vader told Luke he was his father. Don't ruin that for your kid by starting with EP1 and working your way through.

my guess is they did it intentionally. Those guys seem to really have fun with it and hide all types of stuff in there. All of you who have watched the films with the commentary on know what Im talking about, sinks flying into spaceships....etc

Plus if you start with Ep1 then there is no supprise for him when he finds out who Vader really is, and what not. You probally don't remember but when you first saw Empire you were probally shocked and afraid when Vader told Luke he was his father. Don't ruin that for your kid by starting with EP1 and working your way through.

There is only one of two ways you can see ESB without knowing Vader is Luke's dad before hand

1.) Today is the openining day of the film in 1980 and you still think the big secret is obi wan killed lukes father

OR

2.) You have been living in a cave on Mars for the last 29 years with your ears shut and your eyes close going "lalalalalalalalala".

Seriously, if you watch TV, read, or pretty much listen to people at all you already know that Vader is lukes father

As for me, I wasn't born with the first 3 came out, and didn't see them till I was 12. By then I already knew the father son thing, although I didnt see the brother/sister thing coming at all.

-dj

I know, but he's still at the age where he might get through half a movie before he's got some more "pressing business" to attend to. He's gonna start out with the OT when he can sit through a movie and then he can see the "other three" if he feels like it. I don't really like any of the new ones.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back