my kashyyyk trooper build......progress

i am in the process of resculpting the helmet because i pulled a prototype casting of it and it was bad out of wack. i felt it was better to resculpt than to try to fix first casting.

when i get the prototype casting from this version i will post a comparision shot to show what i am talking about.

it seems i am molding everything twice, the prototype then the master copy. alot of work but it makes for better parts. then realize something is wrong and do it again. HAHAHAHA

here is the rough version of the right bicep piece.
010-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
dunno about you, but i find that revising a resin copy is a LOT easier.

for my aotc clone helmet, i started with my original hasbro mod, made a cast, then worked on that. the resin is WAY easier to sand/shape than the hdpe/bondo/expoxy monstrosity that is the original.

well the first sculpt was bad out of wack. symmetry was none exsistant. so the redo. i find clay to be the easiest to work with before resin and bondo.

I'm thinking about going for a Kashyyyk Scout aswell, 2 years ago i was planning to buy a kit from pghfett on the bikercout.net board but as he stopped making the kits, there wasn't much to go for, so I decided to go for a normal clone after that and came out with Commander Bly, as a very dear friend of mine was doing Commander Gree (wich I liked very much aswell).

Still thinking about going either for the Clone Wars recon scout or the Kashyyyk Scout.

Nonetheless I hope it's going to work out for you.

reworked the helmet sculpt , still some symmetry issues..... i am not a computer LOL. the viser will be replaced. it does not have the correct shape.
012-2.jpg

002-9.jpg

003-8.jpg

006-9.jpg

007-8.jpg

worked out some of the symmetry issuses. started new viser. that thing is giving me fits trying to get the correct shape of the viser. ARRGGGHHH!!
017.jpg

014.jpg

symmetry looking good there mate
been tryin to find more screen caps/piccies - man its tough.
but snout looks like it can be a little narrower

of course - u realise the angulated bit at the chin area is made up of 3 traingles?

hard to spot on the straight on view, but on the top down view - u seem to have captured the nice flair at the botton of the lid lip

never paid attention to visor before, but creen caps seem to match ur second go with it tapering inwards rather than being straight out from the lid.

btw - I think u bicep pieces look nice and accurate to the few piccies that I've seen.

continue to good work man!

Nate

as always spot on observations. i narrowed the snout from 1 3/4" to 1 1/2". i think it looks better. i added a more pronounced checks than pghfetts helmet becuase of the stripes under the eye. and also the band that goes around the eye hole.

i used an old hard hat i trimmed , some sign material and a old paintball mask. all hot glued together. then i started adding clay.

Do you have pics of this before clay was added.There are concerns your simply adding clay over a pghfett helmet. A inside shot of the sculpt as it is now would end the rumors quickly. thanks

well to put any rumours to bed ,that this is not my work. here are the following pics. thanks you ,SGB for being honest and coming forward with what was being said and allowing me to clear my name.

oh i forgot i did use a toperware bowl i cut up to get the front brow and the notch in the back of the helmet.
020.jpg

021.jpg

003-9.jpg

004-10.jpg

Sweet! I love how scratchbuilds and scratchbuilt masters can look so mesy underneath, yet become beautiful works of art when finished and cast.

Great work bro!

Thanks for cooperating Tom..Im sure this will lay the rumor to rest ill post info at the AC board.I also replied at the BSN board.
And yeah that dog does look like he is up to no good :cheers

great tom & Jason - everyone behaving like adults and a good result!

now guys - more comments pls! i really want to see this armour get the ground as I am a real clone addict, but ref material is sparse.

Tom pm sent abt package en route from UK :D

Nate

a little update:

both arm band half way to being finished. sitll have some putty and sanding left.
the piece in the middle is a little wide. i had sculpted this as one piece and decided after the the test pull it would not retain enough detail. so i ground out the piece and made a new one. the piece is not attached, it is just sitting there.
030.jpg

the left arm greeblies , i have built this box 3 times and counting. the rubber is to soft , but i had some left over to see if my scult was correct.
031.jpg

i also redid the shoulderbell and forearm piece, i will post pics when i have the arm armor done.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back