Commander Gree helmet

Defiler

Active Hunter
Hey guys, I have been working on a Commander Gree helmet and I been away for a bit from TDH mostly researching and posting over at the Clone Empire forums.

Anyway, i wanted to share my progress with you guys since I love TDH. I was gonna commission someone to paint it for me but decided what the hell and bought myself a Craftman compressor and an airbrush. :lol:

Anyway here are the pictures, plz remember that it is not finished, I still have lots of work to do and then some weathering.

2872254180104560730KOvlbD_th.jpg

2265762420104560730AjOigs_th.jpg

2176481570104560730fOFPbc_th.jpg

2355160130104560730xTZQEJ_th.jpg

2318105730104560730kSCjlr_th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments Mac, I am using Alclad II Chrome with an Alclad II Gloss black as a base. The rest paints are Tamiya brand. I think that Alclad II is the way to go when doing this helmet.

Looks great.
Some suggestions, paint the gray inset crown area and frown a darker gray. I used Tamiya's aptly named, 'Dark Gray'. Also, weathering the overall look (except the chrome) will really make it pop and stand out.

Looks great.
Some suggestions, paint the gray inset crown area and frown a darker gray. I used Tamiya's aptly named, 'Dark Gray'. Also, weathering the overall look (except the chrome) will really make it pop and stand out.

Thanks, the grey area an teeth will be painted german grey from Tamiya. I am not finished yet and need to take care of some other details before weathering, I need a painting break first lol.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back