Earpiece & rangefinder questions

A

Appolo_50

I pulled the earpiece of my 95 and part of the helmet came off and part of the earpiece stayed on. Its very minor so I will probably just sand it off and fill in all the cracks with putty or something before I glue them together again. If there is something else I should do I would like to know.

Also how is the stalk connected to the top of the rangefinder? should I just cut it off or how do I get them apart. I am planning on buying a metal stalk so I need to somehow get them apart.

You can use a fine toothed jewelers saw or a dremmel tool to cut off the rangefinder top. A little bit of sanding to clean it up & you are done! As far as the ear piece breaking a bit, mine did the same thing on my '95 DP. I was able to just put it back together & didn't need to cut anything off or fill any gaps. You can't tell it was ever removed.

Thanks thats good to know, I just took a screwdriver and popped it off so it came out a little uneven.

This thread is more than 21 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back